Daniel James

jacket
/ˈdʒakɪt/
noun
an outer garment extending either to the waist or the hips, typically having sleeves and a fastening down the front.

Y/N - your name

How haven't I written a Daniel James imagine? Smh but here y'all go!

I walk to the Liverpool stadium, Anfield, with a massive and excited smile on my face. Liverpool vs Manchester United, a massive game for all Liverpool fans right after the Meyerside derby. I thank the guy at the gates as he scans my ticket and I make my way inside the stadium.

I wrap my scarf around my neck tighter, hating the cold weather of the U.K. I walk straight to my seat, which is right by the side of the field, and sit down, smiling at the little kids around me wearing their shirts with their favorite players names in the back. "Nice to see you again, Y/N." an elderly man, named Dug, says to me as he sits next to me.

"Nice to see you too, Dug. How's the wife?" I question as he faces me with a wide smile. "She was discharged from hospital yesterday. She beat cancer." He says making my heart flutter. "I'm so glad. She is a real fighter." I say as he nods, tears welling up in his eyes. "She really is. She says hello to you. She misses seeing you at the games." He says making me smile. "Well, I'll definitely be seeing her soon. If not here, I'll definitely come visit. University is finishing in a weeks time so I'll be able to visit more often." I say as he smiles wide.

"Glad to hear. Enough about us, are you excited about this game?" He questions making me scoff with a massive smile on my lips, "More than just excited. What do you think the scores gonna be?" I question as I take off my jacket, a superstitious move for me as we always win comfortable if I take off my jacket and wear my Liverpool shirt with Mo's name on the back.

"As much as I'd love to thrash them 7-0, I think maybe a 2-0 victory." He says, wrapping his scarf tighter around his large neck. "Really? Not your normal 2-1?" I question with a smile as he chuckles, "I want a clean sheet today so we will have one." He says making me laugh and nod. "I see Mo scoring." I say as he nods. "Watch him score last minute." He says making me chuckle.

The boys start walking out on the pitch as "You'll Never Walk Alone" starts playing on the speaker. Myself and Dug stand up and sing along to our favorite song, tears welling up in our eyes despite hearing it every time we played at home. The song ends with the crowd going wild. "Let's go boys!" Myself and Dug shout as the whistle blows, indicating the start of the first half.

-

The final whistle blows as myself and Dug high five, celebrating the 2-0 victory. "You need to start betting."'I tell Dug as he chuckles. "Maybe I should. I've only ever been wrong with one game." He says making me chuckle. "I'll see you soon Dug. Stay safe and tell Susie I say hello." I say as he nods and hugs me tight. "See you soon. Good luck with seeing your results for University next week." He says making me smile. "Thank you. I'll visit you guys and let you know." I say as he smiles and nods.

We say our final goodbyes as Dug walks away, leaving me by myself in the stadium. I always stay behind, admiring the stadium and praying to my parents who passed away a year ago. Both mom and dad loved Liverpool like me so after every game, I pray to them, telling them about my life and how it's going despite knowing they are watching from above anyway.

"Love you guys." I say with a small smile as I stand up and make my way out the stadium. As I reach outside, the cold wind blows down on my bare arms. I curse, as I realize I've left my jacket in the stadium. I turn around to go back inside the stadium to get my jacket but see the guards already locking everything up, knowing it will be a mission and a half to try and go back inside. I sigh and turn around, making the long journey back home with my arms wrapped around myself, keeping me warm.

After about 5 minutes of walking, I feel a jacket being thrown over my shoulders. I turn around, shocked at the sudden touch to be face to face with Daniel James, the United player. "I'm sorry if I gave you a fright. You just looked really cold." He says with a kind smile. I smile back at him, "Thank you. I'm Y/N." I say extending my hand. He shakes it, "Daniel but I'm guessing you already know." He says pointing at my shirt, realizing I just came back from watching the game.

"Not the best team to support." He says whilst sending me a wink. "In the end, it's your fault for playing for a bad team." I say with a cheeky smile as he chuckles. "Did you enjoy the game?" He questions as we stand in the middle of nowhere by different houses. "Yeah I did. I'm guessing you didn't?" I question as he chuckles. "No, not very much." He says whilst laughing.

"So what are you doing on the streets of Liverpool? Shouldn't you be heading back to Manchester?" I question. "Nope. Staying with a few mates for the weekend. Might as well since I'm here." He says with a smile. "Can I walk you home? It's quite late." He says with a nervous smile. "How do I know you won't kill me or kidnap me because I'm a Liverpool supporter?" I question with a slight smirk.

"I can't promise anything but you just gotta trust me." He says making me laugh. "Yeah sure." I say as I start making my way to my house. "So you clearly know everything about me. What can you tell me about yourself?" He questions with a small smirk. I scoff, "I love football. I'm not in love with you." I say as he chuckles, "Worth a shot." He says making me roll my eyes.

"Well I'm about to finish studying psychology next week. I love football, clearly. I lost both my parents a year ago because of a house fire and now I'm living by myself." I say as I look up into his dark eyes to be welcomed by the classic and common sympathetic smile that everyone gives me once hearing what happened. "I'm sorry about that. You're strong you know." He says making me smile. "Thank you."

For the remainder of the walk to my house, we just chatted getting to know each other. I stand outside my front door and smile up at the young man, "Thank you for walking me home. I really do appreciate it." I say as he smiles down at me. "Only a pleasure beautiful." He says making my cheeks heat up in the cold weather. "Here is your jacket." I say as I start pulling it off but he stops me, "Don't worry about it. It gives me an excuse to see you again." He says smiling down at me.

"Oh, is it?" I question making him chuckle, "Definitely. Could I maybe get your number?" He questions as I nod and we exchange numbers. "I'll see you soon, Y/N." he says as he leans down and places a peck to my cheek. "See you soon Daniel." I say as he takes a step back and waves me goodbye. I walk into my house and close the door with the biggest smile on my face, "Dad, I'm sorry he's a United player but did you see that?" I question as I start a conversation with my parents as I look up at the sky.

*****

Hi guys! Sorry that I haven't been posting on here that much. I just wanted to focus a little more on my F1 Imagines book. Also exams have been HECTIC. Bruh bio killed me today (my hand doesn't exist anymore). I hope y'all are doing well and I just wanna say thank you so much for 30k! Just the other day I hit 20k and I was shocked. I'm so happy you guys enjoy my stories. Stay safe lovies xx