Harvey Barnes

helpful
/ˈhɛlpfʊl,ˈhɛlpf(ə)l/
adjective
giving or ready to give help.

Y/N - your name
Y/S - your surname

I was asked for another Harvey imagine so here you go!

I look at my husband, George, with disbelief written all over my face. "You're a god damn pig!" I shout at him, my blood boiling, making my skin warm and my mind cloudy. "I'm so sorry, Y/N. I- I don't know what came over me. I was just trying to save our marriage." He says, making me burst into a loud laughter. "How, exactly, did you think an affair would help our marriage?" I question the tall man.

He shrugs, little to no remorse being shown. "You know what, I should've never trusted should in the first place. You'll be getting a call from my lawyer tomorrow morning. Have a fantastic evening. Oh, and tell your bimbo I say hi." I say to George and turn on my heel and walk straight out of our house. I get into my car, ignoring all of his calls and his pleads, and step foot on the gas, leaving him alone.

I don't know where I'm going nor to whom I'm going too but I just drive wherever my hands lead me too. I finally let the warm tears spill from my eyes and I let out loud sobs as I drive endlessly. I wipe my tears away with my sleeve and eventually stop outside of my best friend, Harvey's, house. I sigh, knowing there's a possibility he wasn't here as his lights were out. I wasn't sure if he was playing an away match this weekend or not but it was worth a shot.

Harvey was one of the few people that were always, and I mean always, there for me. Whenever I had a fight with George, he was the person by my side, comforting me. When I had my pregnancy scare, he was the first to comfort me and tell me everything will be alright and that he wouldn't love me, even if George did. I let out a shaky sigh and step out of my car and walk to his door.

I knock on the door and waited for him to answer. After a few seconds, I let out a defeated sigh and go to turn on my heels until the sound of the door lock being undone catches my attention. Harvey opens the door with sleepy eyes and also shirtless. "Y/N? What are you doing here at 2 in the morning?" He questions.

"I-I am so sorry. I di-didn't realize the time." I say, choking on my words, trying to not let out a loud sob. Harvey notices and opens the door wider and pulls me inside. "What happened? Are you okay?" He bombards me with questions as he stares into my bloodshot eyes. "George cheated on m-me." I cry out to him as he lets out a sigh, "What a bastard." He says and pulls me into a tight hug.

"I can't believe he did that to me." I say into his neck as he hushes me and tries his best to calm me down. "He fucked up, Y/N. Shh, it's okay." He says into my ear. "Am I not good enough?" I question, feeling my insecurities get the better of me. "I mean, he cheated on me with this beautiful and skinny girl." I add but Harvey just shakes his head. "Don't you ever say something like that. He fucked up Y/N, not you. He lost the best thing in this world, you technically lost 190 pounds." He says with a small smile making me giggle.

I lean back into his chest, just wanting to close my eyes and wake up from this horrible nightmare. But, this was life, and life wasn't just a dream or nightmare, it was reality. I sigh, feeling warm tears spill from my eyes once again "I just can't believe he did that to me. After everything we've been through. I've wasted 2 years for what?" I whisper the last part. "Hey, it's going to be okay. I know it's tough right now but I promise you, everything will get better from here onwards. It's gonna take time but you're be better soon." He says as he pulls away from me. I nod and look at him.

"Come, let's go to sleep." He says as he extends his hand out for me to grab. I grab it and follow him to his room. I sit in his bed but he shakes his head, "Change first, sweetheart. Those jeans are uncomfortable to sleep in." He says as he tosses me a hoodie and a pair of shorts for me to change in. I thank him and walk to the bathroom and change into the clothes he has given me.

I look at myself in the mirror just before I leave and I don't even recognize who is staring back at me in the mirror. I sigh and ignore it and walk out the bathroom to see Harvey in bed. He motions for me to come and lay with him which I gladly do. I cuddle into his chest, this not being weird as we were always this close. He switches off the light as we lay there in silence, just listening to each other's breathing.

"So what now?" He asks me. I shrug, "Well, I'm calling my lawyer tomorrow and I'm gonna sort everything out as soon as possible before he tries to get back in my life somehow. I also just want to forget him. Like my mama always said, if he cheats once, he will cheat again." I finish as I feel him nod, "Preach mama Y/S." he says, making me laugh.

"Y/N, I promise I'm gonna be here every step of the way. I'm not planning on leaving you behind." He says making me smile. "Thank you, Harvey. I knew I could always count on you." I say as I draw shapes on his bare chest. "I'll never break your heart like douchebag George has. Never in a million years." He finishes.

This ladies and gentlemen, was the start of our beautiful relationship and Harvey never broke his promise, being with me till the day I passed away.

*****

Kinda cute, kinda all over the place but I like this imagine. I hope you guys also enjoyed! Stay safe lovies xx