I walked off before she could respond. "What was that all about?"

"Some bitch that keeps testing Madison"

"Why are you still protecting her? She made it clear that she doesn't want you in their lives"

"This doesn't concern you, soph"

"Fine whatever" she rolled her eyes.

My phone rang and I saw madison's name pop up. Great what now...

"Want to argue more?" I asked as her face appeared on the screen.

"No, I just wanted to tell you that gab doesn't want to be alone there"

"She won't be"

"She wants me to come with, just for the one night"

"You would actually?"

"Yes, I will doing anything to make sure she's comfortable"

"Okay"

"Bye then"

"Wait, i don't want to argue anymore"

"Yeah same"

"I love you, Maddie"

"Please stop"

"I'm just letting you know"

"You're going to have to prove it to me"

"I will"

"I'll see you in a few"

"Bye" we ended the call and I drove to the house when I saw my mom's car sitting in my driveway. I can never have a moment alone geez.

I pulled in, went inside and followed the smell of chocolate chip cookies. "Mom, for who is this?"

"My first grandchild"

"Can you not go overboard?"

"Can I have?" My hand reached out to the freshly baked cookies and my mom smacked my hand away.

"Why?"

"They're not for you so go upstairs and get Gabbi's room ready"

"I already did and I set the movie room up so we could watch all three shreks"

"I'm glad to see you not being freaked out about being a dad"

"I love having a daughter, she's amazing even if I haven't known her for a good minute"

"What is going to happen with you and Maddie? I want more grandchildren and Sofia isn't exactly in the right headspace for kids"

"I know and I would love to get back with Madison but she doesn't trust me"

"You need to show her the security footage"

"Its in London and I can't show my face there any time soon"

"Get someone to do it cause if you want Madison that's how you are going to get her"

"Thanks for the advice mom"

"No problem, now get your smelly ass out of this kitchen"

"Could i have just one?" I groaned as I looked at all the cookies, muffins and many other treats.

"Fine" she handed me a cookie and chased me out of the kitchen. I went up to the movie room and made sure everything is perfect before i hopped into the shower and scrubbed my body. I stood under the showerhead as the cold water ran down my face when I heard a commotion downstairs. I shut the shower off and draped a towel around my waist and went downstairs. "Mom, who is here?" I yelled from the top.