Chapter 40

Nate

"Take her home, I'll see you guys tonight"

"What about your leg?"

"I'll get it looked at"

"Just be safe okay?"

"I promise, mama" I kissed her forehead.

"Bye French fry"

"Bye daddy" she sniffled before tucking her head in maddie's neck.

They got into the truck and drove off.

"Okay people let's get rid of these fuckers before someone sees"

My men took out the guys from the car and dragged them into the back of the other truck. "Who the hell is starting shit with us again" Jax frowned looking at the fucked up car.

"No idea but none are moving around without security"

"They fucked with gabbi, I'm not going to let that go"

I sighed before putting on gloves, got into the car and started looking around for any answers. The people that bombed my house was all killed. I don't think there would be anyone stupid enough to send people to kill me but people have proven me wrong.
I opened the glove compartment and saw a bunch of folders. I opened it to see my picture and the price for my head. "Some fuck put a hit out on me" I handed the folders over to Jax.

"What the fuck" he looked through it before handing it to Bryce. "Oh we need to get this shit handled"

"Yeah no fuck"

"They don't have our location in the file so how the fuck did they know where I was"

"Well you drive in a black Suv with heavy ass tint and you wear expensive shit"

"So?"

Bryce and Jax shared a look before rolling their eyes at me. "It could be a small gang"

"Aaah those fuckers can be ambitious" Bryce nodded

"Yeah so we need to send someone in to get more info so we can kill them"

"We need head back, people are starting to come" my guard told me.

"Okay" we got into the truck and I called one of my guys to come collect the car since we can't leave a bullet ridden car in the middle of the road.

We drove back to the the house and went straight up to my office. Damon came in since he had to take care of his girls and couldn't be there for this whole shit show.

"Get your fucking leg looked at" Damon pulled a face at my leg.

"Yeah it's fucking gross"

"Shut the fuck up"

I looked down at my leg to see the blood trickling down my leg with the bullet still lodged in it. I have no idea how I am still standing.

"I'll go get this fixed but don't stop looking for the shit heads who did this"

"Alright boss"

I walked more like limped out of the office and went down to the infirmary where my doctor sat and helped Axel with a bullet wound in his shoulder.

"Rough day?" Axel smirked.

"You have no idea"

"I heard gabbi witnessed the whole thing"

"Yeah, she's shaken up but maddie is taking care of her right now"

"She needs therapy" Doctor William spoke up.

"I know"

"So who were the shits who shot you?"

"Still trying to find that out. What about you? What happened?"

"Playing bullet tag" Axel shrugged.

"Nathaniel" I heard my mom hollar from upstairs. Shit

"Damn, your mom has got pipes"

"I will end you" i picked up a scalpel and pointed it to his neck.

"Okay! Calm down"

I put the scalpel back down. Doc finished up with Axel and started treating my bullet wound. "The amount of times, I had to take bullet rounds out of you people" he sighed making me chuckle.

"Hey you choose the job"

"It pays good but don't go getting shot in the head cause that's a whole other ball park"

"No promises" I smirked.

Doc finished up with my leg and I headed back upstairs. I walked past maddies room only to hear my mom's voice, I opened the door and saw her talking to maddie while gabs was sleeping.

"Hey, you two"

"You got shot"

"Part of the job"

"Where's the guys?"

"Office, looking for the people who did this and I got my leg looked at it"

"Are you good?" Madison looked at me worried.

"I'm fine, love" I gave her a reassuring smile.

"Okay lovebirds, I'll leave you two alone and don't take long"

"2 minutes and I'll be in my office"

Mom nodded and walked out. "Fuck nate" Maddie blew out a breath.

"Yeah I know" I pulled her up from the bed and into my arms. "Nothing is going to happen to us" I kissed the top of her head as she clung to me tighter.

"They could have shot you in the head"

"Hey" I grabbed her face making her look at me. "Don't think about what could've have been, gabs and I are safe and under your watchful eye"

"You were at the park where usually nothing bad happens. How the fuck are we suppose to live normal lives?"

"We don't"

"Gabbi needs normal"

"We'll give her that but we both know our realities"

"Im scared"

"Don't be. If anything happens to me you will have all the support you need"

"But I won't have you"

"Im sorry, love"

"No don't make me accept that"

"I wish I could tell you something different but you need to be prepared"

"Nate" she buried her head in my chest and I felt her tears soak my shirt.

"Hey it's okay" I wrapped my arms around her and laid my chin on the top of her head.

"I really love you"

"I really love you too"

"Don't leave me yet okay"

"I won't"

"Good" she slowly moved away from me.

"I have to go back to the office but I'll come and check on you between the hours"

"Okay"

"I love you, mama"

"I love you too"

I kissed her before walking out the door and closing it behind me. I blew out a breath before going back to the office.