"Right, then what?"

"He broke into my house, waited for me in the dark and we argued about him cheating cause apparently he was drugged"

"Drugged? That's pretty serious Madison"

"He's lying, why would a mobster who deals the fucking drugs"

"Just because he's a drug lord doesn't mean he is immune to being drugged"

"Why are you taking his side?"

"I'm not taking the cheating snake's side, I'm just saying If this is actually true then what are you going to do?"

"I don't know"

"Do you still love him?"

"I don't know, I pushed him to the back of mind just so I could actually exist outside out of our toxic relationship"

"You guys should take and then you can decide if you want to be with him or just co-parent"

"Okay, I'll talk to him when I drop off gab at theirs for the weekend"

"Okay, I guess I need to leave since I have a doctor's appointment in a few hours"

"Okay, I love you" I hugged and she left.

I sat in the kitchen, nursing my wine and my mind kept going to nate and our first conversation after many years of no communication. I sighed and headed to bed since dwelling on this situation is not going to help much. I went to sleep with raven's words replaying in my head.

The Next Morning

I opened my eyes to see my daughter sleeping peacefully. I got out of bed, dragging myself to the bathroom to wake myself up. I did jumped into the shower and set the temperature extra hot. When I was done, I rinsed off with cold water and hopped out. I did my skin care routine and headed out to see if Gabbi decided to get up.

"Morning baby"

I chuckled as I saw her trying to fake sleep. "You have school"

"I don't want to go" she whined as she pulled the covers over her head.

"I'm sorry but you have to"

"No, mommy please"

I sighed as I sat next to her on the bed. "Why don't you want to go?"

"I don't have friends"

"Is Jake still not talking to you?"

"Only when he wants something"

"You can't stay so much out of school but when you get out you get to stay the weekend with your dad"

"Really?"

"Yeah, you get to meet your aunt and your grandma"

"I have a new aunt and a grandma?"

"Yes baby" I smiled and kissed her forehead. "I don't want to go alone"

"What do you mean?"

"Could you stay over with me for one night?"

"Babe"

"Please" she gave me the puppy dog eyes.

"Fine but only for a night"

"Thank you"

I heard the doorbell making me sigh. "Go pick out an outfit while I answer the door"

"Okay mommy" she hopped of my bed and headed to her room.

I headed downstairs and opened the door only to see Nathaniel along with Sophia.

"What do you want, nate?"

"Damn" Sophie mumbled.

"I came to see my kid"

"You can see her when you go pick her up from school"

"Can we talk please"

"Fine"

"Do you mind if I go meet Gabbi?" She asked and I reluctantly nodded. I can't keep my daughter from her family for any longer.

"I'm sorry about last night"

"Wait you're sorry?"

"Yes nate"

"Wow"

"Listen I get that this situation scares you but I will handle the Italians before it gets messy but I need you to trust me"

"Why would I trust you? I haven't seen you in six years"

"I know but you are going to need to since I'm not planning on leaving you or my daughter any time soon"

"Just promise me something"

"Anything"

"Don't hurt my daughter"

"I would never, Madison" he kissed my forehead before he went to Sophia who was meeting Gabbi for the first time as her aunt.