"What about you?"

"I have to help raven with her wedding plans but you and gab can bond by yourselves"

"So how are we going to co-parent? Because I'm not staying in New York for years and years"

"You're moving back to London?"

"It's my home, Madison"

"Then why come and get to know my daughter when you're just going to leave soon?"

"She's my daughter, Madison"

"You're just putting more stress on my plate; she just got her dad back"

"Then move with me"

"You know I can't do that, my firm, friends are all here and the same with Gabi"

"Gabi, has a firm?"

"You know what I mean"

"Yeah but you know you know I can't leave London for long"

"Let's talk about this another time"

"Why?"

"Cause, I want to hit you"

"You always want to hit me"

"Yeah, cause you always acting like a dumb puta"

"No need to curse in front of our daughter"

"She doesn't know Spanish, Nathanial"

"Why not?"

"Because she hasn't shown any interest in my native language"

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, i give her little words so she can at least have a basic understanding"

"You taught me and you should teach her"

"I will, calm down"

"Okay then"

"Why are you being so nice? You literally chocked me out last night"

"I'm sorry about that; I don't know what came over me"

"It's fine but don't let it happen again okay?"

"Yes love" he gave me a cheeky smile.

We pulled up to my home just as Gabi woke up from her nap. "Hey French fry" Nate smiled as she looked at him in wonder.

"It wasn't a dream?" She put her hand on his cheek and stroked it with her little thumb.

"No, French fry it's all real" he kissed her forehead and she laid her head back on his shoulder.

We got out of the car and they went to gab's room to lay her down since she was still so sleepy.

"Nate, I need you to do me a favor"

"Go ahead"

"I have to head to work but could you look after Gabbi?"

"You want me to be alone with our daughter on the first day we met?"

"You will be fine, I cant stay at home another day"

"Fine"

"Thank you" I rushed back out, got into my car and sped off towards work since I'm already late.

When I arrived, I walked into the office and went straight to Damon's . "I'm guessing you will be giving me a speech now?"

"Here's a new case that you're in charge of, handle it"

"So what you're not going to talk to me?"

"Do your job" he sat back down by his desk.

"Okay then" I mumbled. I went back to my office and read through the file. Defending a mobster... great.

I grabbed my bag and headed down to the station where she was being held for interrogation.

"My client will not be answering any further questions" I barged in on two police offices playing their old tired ass routine.

"We have a warrant and we found blood that match the crime scene in her apartment"

"I'm sorry I didn't ask nor do I care"

"You can't do this"

"I just did, let's go" she got up and we walked out of the station.

"Damn , you're good"

"Thank you, meet me in my office in 5 so we can get your story straight"

"Will do" she got into her Ferrari and trailed behind me as I drove back to the firm.

We headed to my office and I closed the blinds since people can be nosy and you never who's listening. "You're being accused of chopping a man's head off"

"I did it"

"Well that makes my job easier"

"I thought you wanted the truth"

"Oh I do, now tell me why you chopped his head off"

"He wouldn't give me answers on who killed my brother"

"Who do you think killed your brother"

"Nate fucking Anderson, the kingpin of the British mob"

"Nate?"

"Yeah, do you know him?" Well this got even more complicated.

"No but I've heard things so do you know where he is?"

"No, he went in hiding but I'm going to find him and I will kill him"

"We are going to stick to you being innocent and you need to come off as a harmless woman okay?"

"I got it, not my first rodeo"

"okay then"