07

hyunjin tilts his head back and lets out a soundless, exasperated laugh. he takes a step closer to me and says, "it naturally implies that it's a yes!"

i'm avoiding his gaze now because his hair's slightly disheveled from all the running. don't get me wrong, it's a good look on him, but it's seriously not the right time to fawn over my housemate. "it does not imply that. you're being so unreasonable," i counter.

hyunjin appears to be very swept up in his own reverie because he's spaced out and nibbling on his bottom lip. he looks like he's contemplating something. it's weird because i've never really seen him like this.

he's a very straightforward, black and white type of person and NEVER the type to overthink and ponder over small things. but now, it looks like his brain is about to burst into stardust any second now.

"what, hyunjin?" i ask, annoyed and waiting for him to say something.

with vigilant deliberation, he mutters a quick "fuck it" and cups my face, pressing his lips to mine. he leans in, and i close my eyes, heart thumping vigorously against my rib cage. i think i'm the one who's about to have a cardiac arrest.

hyunjin kisses me with igniting passion, a kiss that relays all of his bottled up emotions to me. it feels as if i'm opening a letter that has been sealed with hot wax, and his unsaid is words burst through the seams. all at once, i find my body loosening up and my hands navigating towards his sides, holding onto the fabric of his hoodie.

the kiss obliterates every thought. for the first time, my mind's locked on the present, on hyunjin, regardless of how hectic my day was. my troubles dissipate like fog seeping into a dense forest, scattering itself among the unexplored depths of nature. but also, there's an unspoken understanding wielded into the kiss, conveyed physically in a way that words could never emulate. it's vibrant, it's dreamy, and it feels otherworldly. i wish that i could stop time so it'd just be the two of us, in each others arms, kissing beneath the flickering streetlamp.

then, hyunjin's the first to pull away, but he freezes, resting his forehead against mine. the both of us exchange swallow, shaky breaths as my eyes flutter open.

"what are you doing?" i whisper as a tiny smile ghosts my lips.

hyunjin angles his head, cheek brushing against mine. "i'm proving a point, y/n," he says, pulling me towards him again.

"i don't know if i want to kick your ass off a bridge or kiss you again," i say back.

with a smirk, he asks, "can i pick?"

hyunjin picks this time, but a kiss like this is just a beginning, a promise of something much more to come.