02

before he was my housemate, he was just hyunjin. the guy in my music theory class, the guy who bailed on the group project because he was working on two jobs, and the guy who bought me coffee as an apology gift. then jisung moved in with minho, and hyunjin took his place instead— and THANK GOD, jisung was so messy that i thought i was LITERALLY going to die. but hyunjin wasn't always this snarky, playful type of guy. he was rather reserved and standoffish, and i'd only be able to hold small talks with him before he made a beeline towards his room.

basically, it took me 6 whole months to get closer to hyunjin. i understand that not all introverts yearn to be alone at all times, for humans are all social beings, and hyunjin makes an effort to sometimes do his essays on the couch when i'm cramming for an exam on the dining table. it's a mutual, comfortable silence. eventually, he grows tired of the leather couch and relocates his laptop to the dining table where i'm sitting, and the two of us work in silence with occasional sights. and soon after, he starts to wonder what songs are on my Spotify playlist because i seem to always have my earbuds plugged in.

of course, i share them with him.

it takes millions of baby steps, but now, he's Roommate Hwang Hyunjin, a complete heathen. and..... i'm always late to class because of him.

oh yeah i managed to snap a picture of him after he took a shower, kinda took alot of work and skills so he wouldn't notice and kill me lmao..

he's fun but annoying to live with god... this boy.