Chp 29

Kirishima's POV
We laid in bed, Mydoria laying his head on my shoulder

As our hands intertwined

a sudden question popped up in my mind, should I ask ?

" Mydoria, since when have you had this feelings for me?"
He looked at me
Taken aback

He sits up, his back facing me

" would it sound weird if I tell you the truth?" He asks, more to himself than to me

" you can tell me anything, I won't ever judge you" I say caressing his back

He turns his face around and his eyes seem crystallized, as tears form in them

" I, don't know the exact instant when I started to like you, somehow that moments seems so far and blurry. It's not like I woke up one day and decided that I liked you. It was more of a challenge I myself had to overcome. I had to get used to the fact that I liked one of my friends, and that itself took me time."

" but when I finally had the guts to say it to myself, it made all of those fears come true. I started noticing everything around you. I became so aware of you, and your friendship with Kachan, and started to feel so small.
Me? Daring to like somebody who is so close to Kachan, it sounded like an insult to you guys, I couldn't get used to the fact that I actually had the guts to be honest and say it. How could I ever compete with Kachan in this matter? Should I even try? It all felt like a lost battle, like I was marching towards my death."

I was speechless, he has felt this way his whole life, and I made it worse

I move up close to him, hugging his back, trying to somehow lessen the pain.

" you know when I started liking you, the matter wasn't that I liked a guy, it was more of like
How can I even allow myself to have feelings for you, not because you were a male, but because of what you represent. You are one of my closest friend, and you somehow managed to be the friend I always wanted to be to Kachan, although I guess my method was flawed."

His way of thinking, its so strange, he thinks it's and insult to like me because, he couldn't amount up to me?

" OH I GOT IT" he says snapping me out of my daze

" WHAT WHAT HAPPENED? ARE YOU OK?!?" I asked, it had become and instinct by now

He laughs, looking back at me

" no I remembered when I first started liking you" he said calmly and that peaked my interest

" yeah?"

" remember that time I was in the hospital when Kachan had been kidnapped by the league of Villains, and you told me that together we could to it. It was sudden but I felt like a bucket of ice had been dumped on me. Suddenly a different light started shining on you, and I started to notice you more. It was more like a wake up call."

" that's... but that was months ago, h how did you cope with it for so long?" I asked, curious
How did he like me for so long, without me noticing

Either he is a great actor, or I'm the biggest, dumbest, jerk on the planet

" well I didn't, or I didn't do a good job as Todoroki-Kun noticed, and believe me for him to noticed something like that, I would've had to be pretty obvious" he says chuckling

So I was even more dense than Todobro?

Really?

" at some point I became numb to my own feelings you know, it was like I subconsciously has given up on you, and I was just there. However, even after I had given up on you, it still hurt to see you with kachan, I was 100% you were in love with him. There were two options, either you liked him and were being supper obvious, or you were subconsciously doing so without your own knowledge, either way it didn't feel any better"

I swallow down the little saliva left in my mouth

" I so sorry I made you feel that way, I would never have done it if I knew how you felt" I say looking down

" it's ok I never blamed you, you were just a fantasy to start with, I never thought of reaching you."

I nod, feeling so much weight on me
Did I really act that way with Bakugo?

" but you know Mydoria, maybe I did act that way towards Bakugo without me knowing, but not for the reasons that you think. I have always thought of Bakugo as a dear friend, one that has a lot of confidence and always acts so manly. I admire him" he nods while listening
I know he feels the same way
He looks up to him too

" but more than that, after I started to get to know him, I noticed patterns in his behavior. Who people called cocky and arrogant I thought of as self doubting and someone who needed reassurance. I know for a fact you know this, since you have always understood Bakugo the best, but he feels threatened by you, he knows that you are strong, since you would always try to help him. He though that if you did so, he suddenly would become more weak. Me as a friend, I always wanted to be able to let him know he was my equal, and that in no way shape or form will he ever be considered less. It is not your fault he feels like that, since he knows you from a long time ago, somehow it was easier for me to do that because I haven't know him for that long, he saw it as a fresh start. I do love Bakugo, but I'm not in love with him, there's a difference in how I feel about you both, love is always different for everybody. Bakugo is my dear friend who I want to help, but you are the person I'm in love with, who I want to cherish and hold close to me."

I took a deep breath, as I paused, but before he could say anything came I continued

" I asked you when you started liking me, so it's only fair that I tell you how I came to know myself.
After I asked Bakugo about it, I left with more questions than when I came in. I always had this nervous feeling every time it came to you. I started to think deep about what our friendship meant, and my actions, anything that could tell me how I felt. All the sudden this one moment popped up in my head, the time when you first screamed at me and told me to mind my own business. That day I felt so sad, I couldn't help my friend, and I had made it even worse for him. I thought about it and till this day, I have come to the conclusion that being yelled at by you was the worst. It was the worst seeing you look at me with so much pain, and I wasn't able to do anything. After that I became more aware, and that time in lunch, when those girls sat with us, was the first time I noticed jealousy in me. The fact that you were all the sudden in a good mood and talking to them, reminded me how I couldn't make that happen. But all of these didn't click until you confessed, I think that's when I finally woke up and started seeing my surrounding. I'm so sorry it took me this long Mydoria"

I finish, laying my head on his shoulder and tightening my grip around his waist

I can feel his heart beating so fast, I think it might pop out in any second

His breath was shaky

All the sudden he turns around

A huge smile on his face, while tears were still falling

" baby why are you crying still hm?"

"I'm just so happy, I feel like this is going to be a dream and I'll wake up and it will all be the same as before"
He says sobbing

" Tch come here" I say smiling

He turns around and jumps me making me fall back on the bed with him on top of me

My hands go up to his face and while away the tears on his face

" dont cry, your eyes will get red and they will hurt" I tell him and his nods

I chuckle and peck his lips, swiftly
Laying his head on my chest
Ahhhh

I like this
__________________________
Word count: 1461

BRUHH ITS ALMOST 2021
Let's say goodbye to this crappy year with double update
😌😌😌
I was originally only gone post 1 chapter BUTTTT
ik y'all love Todobaku so
I'll give you more Todobaku since this chapter is Kirideku heavy
Also again
THANK YOU ALL SO EFFING MUCH FOR COMMENTING SO MUCH AND READING AND VOTING
AND THANK YOU TO MarkerloveshisSun for telling me the grammatical errors I went back and fixed them
I really appreciate it 😖