𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

"What you mean what's that about?" I laughed nervously

"That's your boyfriend?" She asked.

"No, I don't know we just chilling." I tried to explain.

"Chilling involves you limping." She look at me sideways.

"I- Nana what are you talking about." I laughed.

"Mhm I know what that mean I ain't that damn old." She sipped her tea from her mug.

"I don't blame you though, he fine." She laughed.

Girl-

"Why you playing with that boy." She tapped me on my knee.

"He owns the place where I work, and let's just say the people there is messy." I explained.

"So you still work at that strip club?" She asked.

I looked at her so fast, cause how the fuck she know I be stripping. Does that mean my momma knows.

"H- Huh." I said.

"I ain't dumb I used to bring in money like that so I know where it come from." She nodded her head.

"Nana you was a stripper?" I covered my mouth.

"Mhm that's how I met ya granddaddy, I did a couple of lil things- okay tmi." I cut her off.

"I'm a changed woman now." She assured.

"But, don't let what they say to get you. You been knowing him longer than anybody there. I'll tell ya one thing though, once y'all get serious he ain't gone want you working there." She said.

She had a point but that's a reason why i'm questioning if we should have a relationship or not. It's true, we have been knowing each other since highschool but even though we've known each other for that long, he allows the people who he's dealt with at the club, to come at me.

And that's why we stopped talking two months ago, he has a big ego and thinks that's he's just not to blame. I honestly felt betrayed when that happened and I told him that, but he never wants to acknowledge how that made me feel.

"He gone get jealous but it's only to protect you." She continued.

"I don't plan on working there for long, once I'm done with school I'll be done with stripping." I explained.

"You say that now, but that money is what's gone make you think twice." She said.

"I've been working there for 2 years I don't get a big head over money." I assured. "Oh, and then he did something a while ago with this other girl that work there, but she can't take no as an answer." I said.