I look at everyone, waiting for some kind of answer. "AM I BEING CLEAR?" I shout making them flinch and nod fast. Damn even my 1st grade students comply faster than all of these immortal adults. At this rate I'll end up voiceless, how I miss my students and their little sparkling eyes at how much they love to hear about mythology and weird latin words and laugh at their pronunciations. 

I'm not cut out to be an intimidating warrior, I am a teacher who loves to wear flower print dresses and leather jackets and boots and bring bags of candy to school and give them as rewards to my students and take them out on fun field trips and watch them identify historical places and talk so eagerly about the different myths. 

I miss that.

Now I'm stuck playing a character who wouldn't hesitate on eliminating people, who decides the fate of warriors in battle, who is strong and fearless. 

I'm the opposite, I don't want to kill, I can't decide who lives, who dies, who goes to Valhalla or Hel. I'm not as strong as I thought or fearless. 

I'm just a confused human trying to survive in a world I don't belong to. 

Now a life depends on me. 

Am I enough?

I watch how the three lines form, people waiting impatiently as each of the go through the process. Sometimes I had to push people away, force them to empty their belongings or to move forward because they hot distracted.

By hours past a few people sit around the room talking to each other and waiting for the rest to finish.

I try to keep my energy and not seem tired, hopefully I'm doing good. 

I watch my soldiers put a few people apart into a group, giving me nods to let me know they had found some of the rings. Some people are too careless which gives me the advantage.

Around three hours later as the sun rises I look around the room at the people who had fallen asleep and the few that had stayed up talking to each other. 

"Well, attention everyone!" I bellow making everyone jump in fear. "I am glad to announce that we found all that we needed. That group over there stays, the rest of you can go back to your duties. I apologize for making you stay up all night, tonight you get to sleep."

Everyone sighs, some people smiling with relief. They all leave, the group set apart stays. 20 people as needed. 

The doors are shut once again and I smile at the group. "Do you guys know about a certain ring with a snake emblem?" 

All of them look at each other. I walk towards them and they step back in fear. It's funny how playing a Valkyrie makes me seem terrifying and yet admirable when the truth is that I'm a very friendly person. 

I take out the ring, "Is this your emblem? Snakes? Is it a symbolic emblem that holds Loki as your target?"

"Lady Astrid please don't tell Odin! We were just following orders!" One of them says, a servant with tears in her blue eyes. 

"Oh shut up Stephir, you were in this with us. You want Loki dead too!" One guard shouts at the servant.

"I wanted a better life for my children! I wanted to make sure they would grow in a safe place without a lying god who pleasures in taking over places and killing people."

"SHUT UP!" I demand, making them stop arguing immediately. "I don't care what were the reasons to join your little cult of traitors, but you will be brought to court and punished. May Odin do with you as he pleases. Arrest them."