T H I R T Y T H R E E

The rest of my week at Shinzen passed surprisingly fast. After hours of practice with Coach Nakano, I was feeling more fit than I had felt in a while. My spike had gotten a bit stronger within a short amount of time and my endurance had certainly increased. I had made sure to complete all my school work so I was all caught up. Aside from all my working out and school work, I spent my evening either hanging out with the boys and Mako or enjoying group face time calls with my friends.

Midway through the week, Chigaya left for the All Japan Youth National Camp and according to my friends, so had Kags. Not to mention, Tsukki was also invited to a training camp that Hinata had decided to crash. Despite the hilarity I found in the situation, Daichi was not amused and glared at me through the camera for supporting Hinata.

On the last day, Coach was nice enough to give us a full day of rest and a little barbeque party.

"I can't believe he is willingly buying us food. Y/n, you are an amazing influence, please come back." Daiki was salivating at the food that sat in front of him.

"It must be my amazing skills. He was so moved by my amazingness that he bought us food." I smirked, happily piling meat onto my plate.

"Ok, relax. I can never compliment you." We rolled our eyes at each other before immediately tucking in.

"Before you animals started eating, I had something I wanted to say but I see it's too late for that." Coach Nakano glared down at Daiki and me while the rest of the team snickered at us.

"Anyways, I wanted to thank you all for the hard work that you put in at our impromptu training camp and I want to thank Y/n for attending. As many of you may know, I only agreed to start coaching at high schools to find someone to train in order to show off my coaching skills on a national level. I wasn't here for long but I know a majority of you here don't have any intention of continuing volleyball to the level I want to coach at so finding Y/n was wonderful. I wish each and every one of you the best in your future. And for Y/n, I will take you on as my apprentice and trainee as you move onto university. Then, we will crush everyone at the Olympics when I become an amazing coach and you become a star player. I see great potential in you, newbie. Don't disappoint me. As for the rest of you, I know your volleyball journey ended short but I am glad that I got to spend this year coaching you all. Thank you, enjoy your food." Coach Nakano gave us all a slight bow before collecting his food and leaving.

We all sat open-mouthed and in shock at the revelation.

"You did it, Y/n! You got him to coach you! Congratulations!" Mako was the first one to wrap me in a hug and the boys eventually snapped out of their shock and pulled us into a group hug. A lot of 'congrats' and 'you are amazing' phrases were thrown out there as they all praised me.

"Hold on, as happy as I am for you Y/n, who is going to coach at Shinzen when coach Nakano leaves?" Daiki asked curiously after we had all pulled away from each other.

"Don't worry about that, he has already asked one of his friends to work with us next year. I had spoken to him about it already." Mako reassured with her arms still wrapped around me. The boys nodded before breaking off and grabbing their food. A bright smile had made its way onto my face and it wasn't leaving. I yelled out a quick thank you before pulling out my phone and texting everyone. They were probably in practice, however, and wouldn't see it until later.

We spent dinner laughing and eating together on our last day. I had missed out in my last two years of high school. These guys were amazing and I hated that I had only gotten to know them now. We all cleaned up before separating into our respective rooms. I chatted with Mako for a bit before getting ready for bed. I had a long day tomorrow.