T W E L V E

The game against Aoba Johsai was today and I was pumped. The consecutive wins from yesterday made my heart light and I was nothing but smiles. My attitude seemed to be infecting the team as well because the seemed less nervous than they were yesterday. Except for Tsukki, of course. He never smiles. Despite the threat that was Oikawa Tooru, I was feeling confident and energetic. The atmosphere of the gym was pretty much the same as yesterday with all the stares. We didn't let that affect us, though and got straight to warming up. Oikawa's fangirls were cheering loudly from the sidelines but the shouts from the boys as they hit their spikes were louder. I sat with Kiyoko on the bench as we waited for the match to begin.

"I am so excited," I said to her. My knee was bouncing and my hands were fidgeting. The energy within me was begging to put to use but I knew it was for cheering for my team, not playing. 

"Me too, I have faith in them. They will do amazing today." We smiled at each other when we heard the whistle blow signalling the game was about to start. I flashed a thumbs up to the boys. 

The game started with our serve and setter dump, right off the bat from Oikawa. I stared at him with my mouth open slightly. That little shit. I knew he was good but to make a move so rude at the beginning of the game was a slap in the face to Karasuno. The next point for them appeared to be a setter dump, but he switched to a set, throwing off our blockers. What an asshole. I decided then and there that I didn't like the guy. I crossed my arm over my chest and glared at the court. This was going to be tougher than I thought. That was what I was thinking until Kageyama gave them a setter dump right back. I laughed loudly before letting out a loud cheer. This was going to be one hell of a game.

~~~~~

The game continued at a fast pace for a bit until Aoba Johsai called for a timeout. I could see the annoyed look on Kageyama's face and saw Oikawa talking to his team. This can't be good. When they got back on the court, they widened the point gap and I could see the anger on Kageyama's face. Points were being taken from us and they had even caught on to the cues that Kageyama and Hinata had. Once Oikawa was serving again, Coach Ukai called a time out. With Aoba Johsai riding the momentum, we were stuck in the same place. The timeout seemed to do nothing though because Oikawa's serve was as good as ever. Tanaka was able to get it in the air but was immediately shut down by the blockers. Another time out was called. I had noticed Oikawa was targeting Tanaka. It made sense, breaking down the most powerful players and that would have been worrisome if I didn't know the type of player Tanaka was. He would not let this bring him down. After a quick slap to the face and an apology to the team, he was ready to get back out there. Finally, he got his point in and huge scream as well. I smiled proudly at him and let out a cheer of support. Despite the point gap of 7, it was early in the match, I knew we could catch up. However, the match began to quicken slowly and I knew this acceleration wasn't good. Though it gave us a few points, things were getting sloppy and Kageyama was getting agitated. I knew a little bit about his past as "king of the court" and his drive to win gave him tunnel vision, he saw only himself on the court.

"Coach, you need to take him out, he's slipping," I said to Ukai without taking my eyes off the court. 

"Suga, come here." Coach Ukai said. "You'll be taking off Kageyama, he's losing his cool out there." Kiyoko handed him the tag for number 9. Before he walked to the side of the court, I pulled his arm.

"Show them what you are made of, Suga. Show them the skills that have been hiding during these matches." He squeezed my hand and smiled at me before switching with Kageyama. "You did well out there, Kags. You can't let him get you down. He's in your head. Keep him out of there." I said to him and patted him on his shoulder. He bowed to me before Hinata stole his attention. I looked out to the court at the boys and could see Suga hitting all of them with a smile on his face. I was excited to see him play. Suga was calm, cool, and collected and easily instructed the boys and giving them tips. Not only that, watching Suga set to Hinata had to be the cutest thing ever.