T W E N T Y T W O

The barbeque was excellent and a lot of fun. The boys almost cried when they saw me making the food but then actually cried when they saw me give it to Hinata, the coaches, the managers, and my boyfriend. They apologized profusely and I almost caved when Yams looked at me with his puppy dog eyes and heart-wrenching words about working so hard during the camp. Then I saw Tanaka and Noya out of the corner of my eye, holding up signs for Yams to read, along with Daichi and Suga trying to coach him. They even tried to get Tsukki to apologize to me. They must have been desperate to put their faith in him like that. Eventually, they resigned themselves and made their own food, all while watching sadly as Hinata and Asahi enjoyed their well-seasoned meat. To spite them even further, I even made some food for the other team players. Those that weren't previously discouraged from approaching me came up to me asking if I would make their food for them. 

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Y/n-chan!" I could hear Bokuto from across the field. 

"Hi, Bokuto-kun! How are you?" I asked while sipping on some lemonade

"I'm good! Can you make this for me? Akaashi says I have eaten too much but I'm still hungry and it doesn't taste as good when I make it." His hair flopped slightly and I sighed before moving to the grill.

"Don't tell Akaashi," I said with a wink as I made his food. I could feel the glare Noya and Tanaka were directing at Bokuto but I ignored them and focused on the task in front of me.

"Oi! Y/n-san, can you make some for me as well? Your boyfriends and Chibi-chan's food looks so good. You must be a chef or something. You might even get Kenma to eat." I nodded at Kuroo and started making his food as well. 

"Y/n, have you eaten?" I heard Asahi come up behind. His free hand rest on my waist as he looked down at me with concern in his eyes.

"I was going to eat soon, there is still a lot of food here." I smiled up at him, making sure to reassure him.

"You can't make everyone's food and not eat yourself." He scolded me lightly. "Here, open your mouth." I opened my mouth and Asahi fed me some food from his plate. 

"Thank you, you go eat. I'll make us some more once this is done."  He gave my waist a small squeeze before heading off to find the other third years.

"I see that you and your ace made up," Kuroo said smugly.

"Mhm, we are dating now." I beamed at Kuroo as I recalled my new relationship.

"That's good, you looked completely miserable for a couple of days."

"Did you still want this food, or can I let it burn?" I glared jokingly at him while he furiously shook his head. I took all the meat off the grill and divided them onto their plates. Bokuto was quick to shove his share into his mouth, the sauce covered his lips and his cheeks bulged trying to accommodate all the food.

"Zish ish shoooo goud!" He spoke with his mouth full as he tried to come to hug me, however, he was quickly pulled back by a certain setter.

"Bokuto, didn't I tell you that you ate enough? You finished half a box of meat then you came to bother Y/n-san." Akaashi shook his head while pulling out a tissue for Bokuto. 

"But, Akaashi, it's so good!" Bokuto whined as Akaashi continued to pull him away from the grill.

"I need to get you a leash," Akaashi muttered. I let out a laugh and waved to Bokuto, knowing he wouldn't be back for more food any time soon. 

"I'm going to go give this to Kenma. He's been avoiding me all day because he knows I am going to make him eat. Bye Y/n-san and thank you!" Kuroo waved over his shoulder as I set more food down on the grill this time for myself.