Chapter 5

Taylor's POV:

I was walking around the corner when I was sent flying by a stranger. She picked me up and brushed me down gingerly. It was only when I saw her face did my heart skip a beat. She looked perfect. She was staring at my face in a weird way. We talked for about an hour and at the end of it we had arranged to meet up again. I walked home with a huge smile on my face. Boy was she cute. Urgh I knew I shouldn't be thinking those things. Being gay in this small town was not acceptable. It wasn't illegal but if anyone did dare to come out they were disowned shamed and made fun of. In our whole town of 5000 people or so there were only 3 gay couples. There were obviously more but no body dared to come out. I knew I was gay and I couldn't wait to leave the town. These thoughts lasted with me till I got home and when I closed the door to my bedroom I locked it. I turned around and my dad was sitting on my bed again. I gave a cry and tried to unlock the door, my hands scrabbling at the lock frantically. He grabbed my arm and flung me to the floor. He kicked me in the ribs, then picked me up and beat me. He slapped m, punched me and told me I was a failure. I started to cry. Why was he doing this. It went on for ever. When it was finally over I crawled into my bed and began to sob. I felt like my heart was breaking into a million tiny pieces. I went to bed and tossed the turned the whole night. My ribs ached, my face was blossoming with purple bruises and I ached all over. When the morning finally came I realised I couldn't leave my bedroom looking like this. I carefully applied some make up and by the end I looked acceptable. I looked at the time and with a gasp I realised I was late for meeting Karlie I put on a coat and ran out of the door, as fast as my bruised body let me...