Chapter 8

Karlie's POV:

I groaned loudly as my alarm went off. I picked up my phone and scrolled through my notifications. I saw several texts from Josh, my boyfriend. I didn't like him, he was arrogant, rude and although quite the good looking that didn't help as he was always flirting with other girls. Not that I cared, I only dated him so I would seem normal. Most of his texts we're from yesterday demanding my whereabouts. I chucked my phone onto the floor and lay back in bed surrounded by Taylor's jumper. Her scent was intoxicating. I was bored. Bored bored bored. Taylor made my life interesting and now she wasn't here I was bored. I gave a groan and got out my laptop. After many hours on tumblr I logged off. I followed many secret LGBT accounts because they made me feel better about myself but I could never let my parents find out. I gave a sigh and I tried my hardest to get to sleep...

Next day...

I woke up to a loud knocking on my door. The door burst open and my mum stood there with my laptop in her hands. I felt my heart sink. She stormed over to my bed, pulled or should I say dragged me down the stairs to the kitchen table. Breathing heavily she slowly said, "Karlie, I won't judge but I need to know... are you a lesbian?" I froze, unsure of what to say. I stared at her blankly before giving a slight nod. My heart beat was so fast I thought I was going to have a heart attack. What would she say. Just as she began to speak my dad who had been listening in gave a roar of rage, undid his belt and hit me across the face sending me flying. I lay there stunned as a trickle of blood ran down the side of my head. I lay there for a few seconds before I blacked out....