chapter 19: missing you

Start from the beginning

Rosie smiled proudly. "Now you do my makeup."

"Okay," Taylor said, taking the makeup bag.

After doing very light makeup on Rosie, Taylor was done. Rosie smiled, "I look so pretty."

Taylor smiled, "Yes you do."

Rosie grinned, "Yay! Now we can go to the ball."

Taylor nodded, and Rosie handed her the doll. "Here," Rosie said. Taylor took the doll, standing it upright. "Uncle Joe, you're this one." She handed Joe his doll.

"We will all walk into the ball together," Rosie narrated, moving her doll towards the castle. Motioning for them to follow her, Taylor and Joe awkwardly waddled their dolls along next to hers.

Joe looked up at Taylor, refraining from laughing. Taylor exchanged glances with him, grinning. Joe scooted slightly closer to her, while still moving his doll. He leaned over, kissing her on the cheek. "Pay attention!" Rosie scolded him.

"My bad," Joe chuckled, turning back to the dolls. Half an hour later, Elizabeth called for them, telling them dinner was about to be ready.

Joe stood up, and Rosie frowned, "But we aren't done!"

"We can finish later," Taylor assured her.

Rosie nodded, before standing up, running out to the livingroom. Taylor got up as well, walking behind her. Joe held her hand, "You might want to redo your makeup just a little. Of course you look gorgeous now but... you know."

Taylor giggled, "Good point."

They walked out to the dining room before Taylor signaled to Elizabeth that she was going to fix her makeup. After checking on James, Joe followed Taylor to the bathroom, wanting to fix his hair anyway.

Taylor was taking off her makeup, deciding just to go bare-faced. Joe smiled, at her, placing a kiss on her cheek. "I thought you looked beautiful with that incredible makeover she gave you."

"Yeah, I'm considering hiring her as my new makeup artist," Taylor joked.

"The grammy's will be stunned if you come in with that look," Joe chuckled.

Taylor laughed, leaning her head on his chest. Joe smiled, kissing the top of her head, "Love you."

"Love you too," Taylor said, leaning upwards and pressing her lips onto his.

Joe smiled, deepening the kiss. Taylor wrapped his arms around his waist, pulling him closer. He moved his hands to her hair, combing his fingers through her curls. "Joe," Taylor moaned softly as he bit her lip.

"God, I wish we were alone," Joe said between kisses.

Taylor frowned, "Me too. But who says we can't..."

"Darling our family is two rooms away from us," Joe said.

Taylor pouted, "Fine."

Joe chuckled, kissing her one last time, "Next time we're alone, I promise."

Taylor nodded, before going back to fixing her makeup. Once they were done, they went back to the table. Joe helped James into his high chair, before taking a seat next to him. Elizabeth laid out potatoes and steak on the table, as well as an assortment of greens.

"This looks amazing," Taylor complimented Elizabeth.

"Thanks, Mum," Joe said. He turned to James, "What do you say?"

James paused, before looking up at Elizabeth, "Thank you Gramma."

Elizabeth smiled, "Your welcome."