Chapter 1: I Wish That Was Me

Start from the beginning

She was walking, thinking about the only person, Lisa. When she was about to turn left then she saw a cat meowing at her from the other side. Looked like the cat was calling her. She decided to turn right and follow the cat who was walking deeper into the ally.

The cat stopped in front of a shrine.

(A/N: I don't know much about Korean tradition and gods. I know about Japanese culture a lot from animes, so let's keep it that way.)

The shrine looked very old and abandoned. The shrine needed maintenance. It was full of dirt and cobwebs. The cat walked through the shrine gate and went inside. Jennie decided to follow the cat inside. She walked through the old gate. Even though it was abandoned, the area surrounding the shrine was so beautiful. A small pond with beautiful flowers. She wonders why people abandoned this beautiful shrine in the first place?

She looked ahead and saw there were so many cats there. It looked like this place became homeless cats' house now. Jennie decided to go further in and pray. Even though this shrine was abandoned but once god's blessings have been upon it.

She took out some coins from her pocket and put it in the shrine box. She pulled her rope, and surprisingly the bell was still working. She clapped her hand twice and prayed to God. (A/N: Ya know how Japanese people pray at shrine right? If not, watch some animes lol)

'Oh Lord, have mercy upon this sweet child of yours and give her your blessings. I only want Lisa. Even if she can't give me her heart, I am happy to be her friend (for a time being). I will do anything to have her. But she is hates me :-( She only loves cats. Why? Many people told me I look like a kitten then why doesn't she loves me too? What if I was born as a cat? Will she love me then? I hope I will be born as a cat in my next life so that Lisa will love me and cuddle with me.'

Just as Jennie's nonsense rambling ended, suddenly a bright light came from the shrine towards her. Jennie was too shock to react. She closed her eyes to protect it from the light.

When she opened her eyes she looked around. Everything looked huge. It made her confused. She was already tiny but not tiny enough that everything will look like a giant to her.

"Meow~~~" she tried to talk but nothing came out of her mouth.

'What is happening?'  she thought to herself.

"Meow~" w-was she the one meowing???

Jennie panicked and looked down to check her body. All she was two cute tiny little paws. Then realisation hits her. Did she? NO!

She looked around and immediately ran towards the pond. She looked at the reflection of herself on the water. Instead of her beautiful face a cute little cat appeared. Tiny kitten Jennie fell on her back due to shock. She can't believe. Was she still in her school and sleeping during a class and having this weird dream. But everything looks so real!

"meow~ meow~~" she can't even speak???!!!

She searched for the other cats that she saw earlier. She saw the one she followed staring at her. She immediately got up and ran towards her.

"meow~~~" kitten Jennie spoke in cat language. 'What happened to me???'

"meow~" the other cat replied. 'Your wish just got granted by the lord of this shrine.'

"meow~ meow~~~" Jennie said in all panic and disbelief. 'How is this possible? I want to return to my human form now! I have to marry Lisa!!!! I can't marry her like this!'

"meow..." the other cat replied. 'I can't do anything. You should talk to our Lord. Go, he is inside.'

Jennie was confused but wanted to return to her human form so she did not asked anymore questions and went inside the shrine. It was dark. She almost couldn't see anything but she was a cat now.

"meow~" Jennie asked. 'Anyone here?'

"meow...meow~" 'Yes my child.' She heard another meowing voice. It was deep. She looked around and saw a fat cat sitting, staring at her.

"meow~~~" 'Are you the lord? Please help me! I want to return to my human form.' Jennie begged.

"meow~ meow~ meow~~~" the cat replied. 'Then return to your human form the way you transformed to this form.'

Jennie frowned and thought. 'How? By praying???'

Jennie the cat closed her eyes and prayed. 'Oh Lord! Please have mercy and bless me! I want to return to my original human form!' she prayed with all her heart.

Suddenly, bright light formed around her and she closed her eyes due to its brightness. When she opened them she felt tall again. She looked down to her body and saw she had human hands and legs.

She was back to her human form!!!

She sighed in relief and looked at the fat cat. "Thank you lord!" She said sincerely.

"Meow~" the cat meowed but she could not understand it anymore so she laughed.

"I'm sorry I can't understand you anymore but thank you." She turned to leave but the cat came in front of her.

"Meow~" the cat meowed in front of her leg as if stopping her from going.

"I'm sorry but I have to go now. It's already late. My parents will be worried." She pouted. "I'll come and play with you all again someday." She smiled and patted the cat and went out of the shrine, towards her home.

What she did not know that the cat did not wanted to play but it was warning her from the events that is going to happen in the future.

_

Author's Thought:

A totally ridiculous idea that came into my mind while watching the anime movie 'A Whisker Away'. Y'all should watch it too. It's nice. Its from the director of Sailor Moon. And listen to the song 'Renai Circulation' it's so cute uwu 🥺 The link is up there 👆

Anyways the story will be supernatural as you can see. It you find this kind of stuff cringey and boring don't read!

~ S