Chapter 9: Curse

Lisa reached the shrine as soon as she can. When she reached the shrine gate she left the bicycle there and immediately went inside. She looked around and saw nothing. The cats who lived here were all gone. Not a single one of them. It made Lisa very suspicious. She became sacred. She shook her head to avoid all the negative thoughts and started to search for Jennie.

When she went near the shirne's prayer house, she heard some voice. It was a voice of a girl crying. The voice seemed so familiar to Lisa. Lisa gulped and went inside the house.

When she opened the house's gate, it was dark inside. She couldn't see a thing. Even though it was daytime, but sunlight couldn't reach inside the house. She pulled out her mobile phone and turned on the flashlight.

With the help of her flashlight she started to search for the around. She concentrated on the crying voice and tried to go towards it.

After taking a few steps inside the house she finally saw a figure in the corner of the dark room.

What was this creature? Lisa gulped with a slight fear. The figure looked like a cat as well as a human!

It had ears like a cat, a tail was wiggling but the body looked of a human.

Lisa felt she was dreaming. This has to be a dream. It felt like a supernatural movie scene.

As Lisa was in her own thoughts, the creature looked up.

"Ahh!!!" Lisa squeaked in fear but then she stopped. She felt her body frozen. That creature had Jennie's face with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"J-Jennie is that you???" Lisa asked carefully.

"L-Lili." More tears came out. Jennie immediately stood up and hugged Lisa tightly.

Lisa got startled but she wrapped her arms around Jennie and rubbed her back to calm her down. She looked down to see Jennie's tail wiggling around her back. Lisa pursed her lips. What the hell is happening again??? She thought to herself.

"L-Lili..." Jennie wailed in between her cries. She burried herself more into Lisa's arms.

"Jen-nie...what is going on???" Lisa asked calmly. But all Jennie did was cry.

"Calm down for a second okay???" Lisa pulled out from the hug. She wiped the tears on Jennie's cheeks and cupped her small face in her hands.

"Come here." Lisa pulled Jennie towards the gate of the prayer house where there were a little light coming. She helped Jennie to sit down near the gate against the wall and then she sat right beside her and held her in her arms.

"Now calm down and tell me what is happening." Lisa asked Jennie.

Jennie wiped her remaining tears and started telling her from the very start...

Jennie first told her about how she can transform into a cat, when did it started, how it started, everything. Then she told her what happened yesterday night.

Flashback to yesterday night:

"Go to bed Jennie. Good luck for tomorrow." Lisa said through the phone call.

"Yes. I will sleep." Jennie reassured her.

"Hmm... Good night."

"Good night Lili!" Jennie replied and Lisa hung up the phone.

Jennie smiled looking at the phone. Everything was going well. She and Lisa was getting closer day by day.

She sighed and turned the lights off and lied down on the bed. She closed her eyes with a smile. After a few minutes she eventually fell asleep.