10 • butterflies

Chapter 10 || butterflies {short chapter}

a/n this chap is dedicaeted to @Awe5om3 because of the awesome {badumts} banner she made to the side! also check out her story 'Today' it's seriously really worth checking out! :D

“You brought out the best of me, a part of me I’d never seen” –Kodaline

 Hannah

FORMING IDEAS on how to properly explain what love is in 100 words, especially with Zachary, was quite entertaining.

Long hours of exchanging possible ideas…. or more like listening to the latter form great ideas. Of course, that would be Zachary. Then there is myself…with ideas as dry and plain as a piece of paper.

“Love is like…a butterfly?” I ask, whilst throwing a ball over my head, catching it as it dropped. I was lying among the grass, of course in my favourite place in the world.

Maple Tree Park.

Zachary was lying beside me, one earphone plugged tightly into his left ear, whilst his right ear was open for listening. He perks up at that moment, obviously encouraging me to speak on. I inhale. “Love is like a butterfly, because love makes you feel butterflies?”

Zachary thumps back down onto the grass, with an exasperated sigh.
“Hannah, I am beginning to believe that you are purposely trying to be horrible at this.”

I groan, and roll my eyes.

“I thought you were the Honour Student…”

I turn to him, narrowing my eyes.

“And I thought you were a professional writer!” I retort, knowing that my argument sounded greatly lame as soon as it left my tongue.

Zachary released a tiny chuckle, and sat up to lean against the tree trunk. His eyes gazed towards the direction of a family having a small picnic, their laughter filling the atmosphere.

“It is not a matter of whether I am a writer or not,” he said, after a moment of silence. His head slowly turned to ‘look’ at me. “It is a matter of how you actually order the words.”

I raise an eyebrow in question, and am sure that he knows exactly what my actions are.  He smiles briefly at me, a kind smile, before he turns towards the sunset.

“Like this,” he begins, patting the vacant patch of grass that is unoccupied beside him. I hesitate, and then decide to scoot only slightly closer to him.

“Love is like a butterfly. The beauty presented on the outside is nothing compared for the beauty that lies within. Love is like a butterfly, as the wings would carry you many places that you have never discovered.”
I don't know what happened, but right then I felt something bloom inside of me. It was like a sweet flower blooming at the pit of my stomach, eventually rising until it had reached my heart. I gazed towards this beautiful boy, with a voice that was like music and with a mind that was a humorous Einstein.

It was then I realised how incredibly fond I have become towards this blind boy that I thought I had despised. Zachary raised an eyebrow in wait.

“See how easy it is?”

Maybe not as fond as I had thought I was. I roll my eyes, though cannot deny the ghost of a smile that had appeared on my face.

“I’d like to see you direct the movie,” I challenge, a smirk enlightening our faces.