13 • kisses and love stories

Chapter 13 || kisses and love stories

“I was made to keep your body warm. But I'm cold as the wind blows so hold me in your arms” – Ed Sheeran

Zachary Evans

I WAKE UP to the sweet sound of birds chirping, and the sweet sensation of the sun against my face. A smile was plastered on my face, and my stomach did mini tumble-turns once my mind recalls the events of last night.

I remember holding Hannah’s hand, expressing my feelings and then OH WHAT DO YA KNOW she’s kissing me. Not that I’m complaining.

That experience increased my feelings for her, from just fondness to pure admiration and maybe something more.

I lay in bed, and gaze into the ceiling, imagining that it was instead the swirling beauty of the galaxy just above my head.

I can’t believe that beautiful Hannah Martinez likes me and that my grand romantic gesture had actually won her over. I knew that she despised me when we first met, which were probably a month ago. A month ago, when she slapped me because I fell on her.

I find myself laughing quietly at the thought, and then decide to get up and start this wonderful day. It’s already Tuesday.

I get up from my bed, and grab the walking stick that I only use when I am alone, to accompany myself. Luckily, Drake comes into my room not long after, to escort me to the dining table.

Walking down the stairs is the hardest task for me to accomplish, as it requires for the foot to step on the correct ledge or else fatality would meet you in the eye.

Drake seemed to notice my unusual giddiness and happiness, so he asked, “Love struck, I see?”

I flushed, and just gave him a grin. “Of course,” I don't bother denying it.

Drake laughs. “Well, I got to admit Hannah is pretty hot,”

In which I shoot him a ‘hands off she’s mine look’

“But! You two make the perfect couple.”

I couldn’t help but agree more on this.

-

After a family breakfast, Mother proved to be feeling unwell, and so Dad accompanied her to her bedroom where she was to rest.

We were concerned, at first of course, but Dad assured it was only a slight fever. I decided that I wanted to contact my sweet maybe-possibly girlfriend Hannah, and to meet up with her today.

So I called her. She didn't pick up.

I called again, and still no results. I gave up after 10 calls, and slump down on the bed, my elated mood now deflated.

I tell myself that she’s probably busy, or is doing stuff that requires not answering her maybe boyfriend.

I groan, and decide to spend this boring day listening to audio books. I listen to another romance, teenage book named ‘Eleanor and Park.’ I am well into the book, and well into the romance when my phone decides ‘hey let’s disrupt this blind boy’s fanboying moment’. Releasing a sigh, I pick up my phone and am satisfied and excited and beyond happy when a certain sweet voice answers.

“Hey Z,” Hannah greets, chirpy and happy and what do you know she has her own nickname for me.

“Hey Hanne,” I greet back, a smile creeping onto my face.
“Meet me at the park in 5, and bring a video camera with you!”