Stubborn

Over the next few days, Harry and Ron have ignored each other completely. You and Hermione tried your best to pull your best friends back together, but Ron was too set on believing Harry put his name in the goblet, and Harry didn't want to be friends with someone who believed him to be a liar.

"Ron, do you hear yourself? Harry would never pull a trick like this and not take credit for it," you said sternly to Ron as you both made your way to Potions.

"That's absolute rubbish Y/n, you're playing right into his hand," Ron retorted.

You glared at him for a moment before tossing your h/l h/c hair over your shoulder and walked swiftly over to where Harry was walking alone.

Ever since he was announced a champion, nearly the entire student body hated on him and didn't talk to him, all except for few Gryffindors, Hermione, and obviously you.

"How are you holding up, Harry?" you asked the lone boy, falling into step with him. He looked up from the ground and gave a small smile. "Well, when the whole school hates me, I don't know how you expect me to feel," he said as you both turned down the corridor holding the Potions classroom.

"Not the first time the school hates you, Harry. But I promise I'll try to convince people otherwise. I know you aren't a liar," you said cheerfully, setting your bag on the table in the back of the classroom, Harry setting his down next to yours.

Ron gave a distasteful glare at you and Harry before turning on his heel and walking to the table next to yours, Hermione followed cautiously after him.

You ignored him and took out your things for class and settled down in your seat. Not even 2 seconds later, Professor Snape came bustling through the door, his long cloak billowing out behind him.

"Put your wands away... We shall do no silly wand waving today... Follow the instructions on the board and create a simple Sleeping Draught... Even the most small-minded in this class should be able to do this with ease, I presume..." Snape drawled on, swiftly passing his hand in front of the blackboard, revealing the instructions for the class.

With that, everyone got started with their potion.

_______________________________________

After about an hour, the room grew stiff with tension as everyone dipped their ladles into their potions and poured it into a small glass bottle.

As you waited in line to give Snape your potion, you peeked around the line and saw, in Neville's hand, a lime green potion filled bottle shaking nervously; you felt bad for him, the potion is supposed to be a plum shade of purple.

"Crabbe put a rat tail in my potion," Neville groaned as he massaged his forehead. On the way out of the classroom, you passed by Crabbe and Goyle's table. You threw a well-aimed kick at Crabbe's shin before hurrying out of the room, the sound of his howls of pain following you through the dungeons.

"Thanks for that Y/n, I really appreciate it," Neville said, smiling down at you. He waved goodbye and dashed down a different corridor to his next class.

You stretched your stiff arms above your head just as Harry caught up to you. "Y/n, where are you off to?" he inquired as you emerged into the bright entrance hall.

"Well," you began, dropping your arms back down, "I have a free period, so I think I'm gonna head to the library. Wanna come with?" you asked.

"Ah, sorry, but I have divination next," Harry rolled his eyes just at the name of the class. You smiled briefly before replying, "Good luck with that one". You patted his shoulder as you walked past the raven-haired boy towards the library.