The Goblet of Fire

A few days have passed since your late-night trip to the Gryffindor common room. Ron has been acting slightly differently around you, more clingy and protective than how he normally was.

In almost all the classes you had with the Gryffindors, Ron sat next to you, otherwise, Hermione would settle herself down in his spot.

Does it have something to do with Oliver? you asked yourself as you walked down to the Great Hall with Alora skipping along beside you. You walked through the large entrance and saw the Goblet set up in the middle of the room, a glowing white line encircling it.

The tables were nowhere to be seen, bleacher-like chairs replaced them on the walls next to the Goblet.

You made your way through the rather large crowd to find seats and watch as the older students cheered on one another to put their names in. You spotted Hermione; grabbing Alora's hand you ducked and weaved your way towards the bushy-haired girl sat with a book in her lap.

Hermione looked up and smiled as you settled down next to her, Alora perching next to you. You noticed that she seemed pretty distant, her vibrant green eyes kept sweeping through the crowd as if looking for someone.

You looked past the glowing goblet and saw Ron's familiar tall frame standing next to Harry, leaning down to whisper something as they gazed at the entrance.

You yearned to go up to him and say hello, but just before you got up, a roar of applause and cheers filled the room as Fred and George came running in, vials of potion in their grasp.

They ran through the crowd, giving the people they passed high fives.

"Well lads, we've done it!" one of them said. "Cooked it up just this morning," said the other.

"It's not going to work", Hermione said in a sing-song voice beside you. You turned to look at her and rolled your eyes. "Let them have their fun, 'Mione", you mumbled as the twins made their way over to you two.

Before they reached you, Alora quickly hopped off of the seat and dashed across the hall to a boy in Hufflepuff.

Fred came up on your left and crouched down on the seat beside you, as George did the same on Hermione's right.

"Oh yeah?" Fred said. "And why is that Granger?" George finished, tilting his head to the side in mock confusion.

"You see this?" Hermione drew a circle in the air to indicate the white steam enclosing the goblet. "This is an age-line. Dumbledore drew it himself", she stated matter-of-factly.

"Uh... so?" Fred inquired, a small smile playing on his lips as he glanced across you to look at the girl.

Hermione scoffed as she picked up her book and slammed it on her lap. "So! A genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a dodge as pathetically dim-witted as an aging potion", she said irritably, glaring at the twins.

"But that's why it's so brilliant!" Fred replied. "Because it's so pathetically dim-witted!" George said, ending the conversation. The boys stood up and walked over to the goblet, shaking the potion vials as they walked.

"Ready Fred?"

"Ready George."

"Bottoms up!" they said in unison, intertwining their arms and taking a swig of the liquid.

They hopped over the misty circle and stood silent for a second, waiting for something to happen. When nothing happened, the hall cheered as they said, "Yesss!!".

They laughed and walked about the circle before sidling up to the goblet. They both pulled out a small slip of paper and tossed it into the goblet.

Nothing happened yet again, so they began to celebrate with the rest of the crowd. Next thing you know, the twins were flying through the air and out of the ring, facial hair growing just as rapidly as their hair turned gray.

They landed with a loud thud on the floor. They launched themselves at each other, writhing on the floor as they yelled at each other about their failed attempt to put their name in the goblet.

The students in the hall gathered around them and started chanting words of encouragement and egging them on. You laughed at the sight of two elderly-looking men fighting on the floor.

Suddenly, the hall grew silent as loud footsteps approached. Everyone in the crowd shuffled to the sides of the room to let through a group of Durmstrang boys, who were marching up to the goblet with a set determination.

Viktor Krum stepped through the mist and reached up to the goblet, dropping his name into it. As he turned to walk away, his eyes trailed across to your face. He gave a small smile and nodded his head in greeting before heading back to the other students from his school.

You sat there with a stone-cold face as he smiled at you. Viktor was a fairly nice person, yes, but he only wanted to talk about himself and quidditch, which you still loved, but hearing him ramble on about his achievements made you feel irritated. Whenever you tried telling him about the Slytherin quidditch team, he cut you off and told even more grand stories of the Bulgarian team.

Hermione elbowed you in the ribs and whispered in your ear, "Do you suppose Viktor fancies you?", making your gaze turn to Ron across the hall.

You locked eyes with Ron, whose figure was washed with the white and blue light emanating from the goblet, turning his ginger hair silver.

"I hope not," you reply shortly as Ron smiles at you and waves. There was only one boy who you truly had eyes for.

Ron and Harry began to make their way over to them from around the goblet, whispering urgently about something.

Ron sat down next to you, Harry on Hermione's other side. "Who do you think is gonna be chosen by the goblet?" Ron asked, propping his head up with his fist.

"Well, personally I hope that Angelina gets chosen. She is a far better choice than Diggory, I heard some Hufflepuffs talking about who'd they want to represent Hogwarts", Hermione added as you looked at her in confusion at the mention of Cedric Diggory.

"Well obviously, Hermione, why would you be rooting for a Hufflepuff? I want Adrian Pucey to get chosen but that's not very likely, is it?" You replied.

"Pucey? That hardheaded chaser of yours? Yeah, he is most definitely cut out for that," Ron said, his voice dripping in sarcasm. You smiled and pushed his shoulder.

"Holy cricket! Is that really the time? We're gonna be late to transfiguration, Mcgonagall is gonna kill us!" Hermione yelped as she looked at a pocketwatch sticking out of her cardigan, gathering up her books and racing out of the Great Hall. You looked around at the other two before swinging your bag over your back and dashing after Hermione, the boys right on your heels.

You ran as fast as you could through the halls, your h/l h/c whipping around behind you. The three of you skidded around the corner that leads to Transfiguration and saw Hermione disappeared behind a door.

You wheezed for air before continuing down the corridor, a stitch catching in your side.

"Bloody hell, how does Hermione run so fast..." Ron said from beside you, taking large breaths between each word.

You pulled the door open and saw the students sat in their usual rows, heads bent over while they wrote. Hermione already had her quill out and was writing frantically to catch up.

"Finally, Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley, Miss L/N. 5 points from each of your houses for being late. Hurry up, hurry up, get your quills out and begin copying what I have on the board", she stated, ushering you all towards the seats in the back of the room.

You took a seat behind Hermione, Ron pulling up the chair next to you. You quickly took parchment and a quill from your bag; you caught Ron's eye and gave him a small smile before leaning over your paper and began to write.

Word count: 1374

hi everyone:)) im sorry this chapter is so uneventful, it was mainly just a filler chapter :(
i promise it will be more entertaining in upcoming chapters!!