Platform 9 3/4

Hogwarts. The place you have been dreaming of going back to ever since your summer break started. Although this summer had been the best one since being accepted into Hogwarts, you couldn't help but yearn to be back.

As you stood on platform 9 3/4, the slight breeze ruffled your (h/l) (h/c) hair. The sounds of the joyful students rushing to greet their friends and the laughter were so overwhelming; you had been used to chaos during your stay at The Burrow with your best friends, but hearing so many new voices crowded your senses.

You took a deep breath and closed your eyes at the memory of The Burrow.

(flashback sequence)

Arriving at The Burrow by portkey was the worst idea your older brother, Benjamin, had ever had. The sensation of traveling by portkey made one very nauseous. Upon touching the portkey ever so slightly, you were jerked forward, unable to remove your hand from the hairbrush your mother converted into the portkey.

All of a sudden, your feet slammed to the ground and you toppled forwards right over your trunk. Laying there, stunned, you raised your head warily to look up at the familiar and comforting home of the Weasley family.

The many rooms stacked on top of each other looked as though it were defying all laws of gravity, but knowing wizarding families, this was completely normal. The crooked house was silhouetted by the rising sun, giving it an even more magical glow.

A grin spread across your face as you scrambled to stand up, brushing the dirt off of your jeans. You turned to your brother who, like you, was finding his balance after the uncomfortable journey.

You rolled your eyes at him and bent down to pick up your trunk. As you and Benjamin hauled your trunks up to the front door, gently nudging pairs of boots out of the way with the toe of your shoes, you heard an excited squeal coming from the kitchen.

A familiar, bushy-haired girl came sprinting out of the door and launched herself into your arms. She wrapped her arms tightly around your waist, squeezing you so hard you were having a hard time breathing. You gave her a significantly less tight hug, smiling into her brown and frizzy hair.

You looked up slightly from the girl's hair and felt your face burn red; Ron Weasley, one of your best friends, was leaning against the doorframe, staring at you with a cheeky smile on his face. He was a very tall and lanky red-headed boy and was wearing a red pullover sweatshirt with blue jeans.

"Has his hair got longer? It looks a whole lot longer than I remember ", you thought to yourself. Even if it did grow longer, Ron still looked as good as ever. His flaming red hair fell gently over his eyes, flaring out everywhere on his head.

"Blimey Hermione, it's only been a few weeks since you've seen me and you're ready to strangle me already !" you laughed, pulling away from Hermione and looked down slightly at her smiling face. You weren't very tall, but Hermione was about an inch or two shorter than you.

You walked around her towards Ron, your heart fluttering madly in your chest.

"Why am I so nervous to hug him? He's just my best friend, nothing more... right?" you thought.

No matter, you pulled Ron into a tight embrace, your arms wrapped around his neck, his arms around your waist. You could feel your face growing warmer every millisecond at his touch. You had to stand on your tiptoes to wrap your arms around him; he must have gotten taller too it seemed. Standing normally, your head reached to just about his chin. He teased you all the time about it, knowing how much you hated being shorter than people. It made you feel less powerful.