Arrival to Hogwarts

You were aroused by the sound of giggling, followed by a loud shush. Keeping your eyes shut, you strained your ears to distinguish who joined you in the cart.

"I've never seen someone sleep so peacefully on the train before ", you hear Harry say from the other side of the compartment. He whispered something to the person sitting next to him and let out a loud laugh, followed by the sound of him being hit upside the head by a book.

"Ron, everyone knows that she fancies you. Just ask her out already!" Hermione whisper-shouted, exasperated. "There's no way she fancies me, Hermione, do you see the way she looks at Malfoy? They probably snog in the Slytherin common room", Ron grumbled sourly,  clearly mad at the thought of it.

" Honestly Ronald you are so blind. Y/n is smart and she knows that Malfoy is an arrogant dingbat. She would never like Malfoy as more than a friend", Hermione replied; you could practically see her rolling her eyes through your lids. "And", she continued, " if you haven't noticed Ron, it's you she's laying on, isn't it? Not Malfoy".

You thought it was best to make your awakening known, so you opened your eyes slightly to look around the compartment. Hermione was sitting in front of you on the other seat, curled up in the corner by the window. Harry was sitting next to her, a clear, wide smile spread across his face.

You shifted your eyes down and saw that Ron's arm was still draped over your waist; you had your fingers laced through his while you slept.

"Well, personally I think that-" you looked over at Harry and caught his gaze; his smile dropped and refrained from finishing his sentence. "Oh, uh, y/n, you're awake.." He muttered awkwardly.

You stifled a laugh and pulled yourself up against Ron's chest. His arm never left your waist, although he did loosen his grip slightly.

"When did you two get here ?" you looked across at the two sitting in front of you. "We've been here about an hour, but we didn't want to wake you from your..." a smile spread across Hermione's face," slumber".

You nodded in acknowledgment at her comment but chose to stay silent. You glanced out the window sleepily and saw the bright lights coming from the wizarding village Hogsmeade. You leaped from your seat excitedly, almost dragging Ron along with you, as your hands were still interlocked.

You rushed towards the window and pressed your face and freehand against it, your (e/c) eyes opened wide at the colorful village. You could easily point out Zonko's Joke Shop and The Three Broomsticks, which you visited frequently last year with your best friends.

"Merlin, I've missed this place..." you mumbled to yourself. The train shifted slightly underneath your feet as it slowed down. You turned back to your companions to see them standing up to stretch.

You reluctantly let your hand fall out of Ron's grip and reached up to grab your bag from the rack. You swung it over your shoulder and saw Hermione peering at you with the most peculiar expression on her face. She realized you saw her looking at you and quickly flashed you a smile before grabbing her bag and walked out the door.

You stared at the spot where she disappeared from and shrugged whatever just happened off. You followed after her with Ron and Harry right behind you as you squeezed your way through the packed corridor.

As you drew nearer to the exit, you looked into the compartment on your left and saw your fellow 4th year Slytherin friends. You caught the eye of Ramona Blaine, a tall, thin, girl with short wavy black hair and green eyes. You waved at her before you were ushered down the steps of the train.

You stepped out into the cool night air of Hogsmeade station. A rumble of thunder overhead made you look up, catching a few raindrops on your startled face. You looked behind for your friends; beckoning them along, you pulled the hood of your cloak over your head as the freezing cold rain began pelting down on the dozens upon dozens of heads surrounding you.