𝗘𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

Start from the beginning

Wooyoung shook his head. "I'm not leaving him...you can go home, but I'll stay here until he wakes up."

And he stuck to the promise.

Wooyoung didn't leave the hospital room except for using the bathroom and he would do it as fast as he could in case San would wake up. He wouldn't let go of his hand and talked to him as much as he could.

He kept going for a week, but San showed no signs of waking up.

It was taking all of Wooyoung's energy and it showed on him, but he wasn't going to give up.

A nurse came in and smiled at the sight she got used to seeing everyday for the past week.

"Mr. Jung, I'm afraid it's time..."

Wooyoung shook his head. "Please no...he'll wake up soon, I promise..." tears filled his eyes as he begged the nurse to give him more time.

He turned to San, cupping his cheeks. "Baby, wake up please, please wake up...I can't lose you...I love you...please wake up.."

Wooyoung tried desperately, his tears spilling onto San's lifeless face.

The nurse held back her own tears as she watched, then quietly left the room to give them more time.

Wooyoung pressed his cheek against San's. "Baby..." he whispered in his ear. "It's me,Wooyoung, I've found you...come back to me..." he closed his eyes to stop tears from falling. "I'm waiting for you..."

San's hand twitched under Wooyoung's.

It made the latter's heart swell. "Yes, yes baby...try again, you can do it."

San's hand moved more.

So Wooyoung got up and called for the nurse.

"He moved his hand, I think he's waking up." Wooyoung told the nurse in rush, voice full of hope.

"His heart rate is going up...please wait outside, sir." She told him as a few more nurses and a doctor came in.

Wooyoung reluctantly left the room, but keeping his eyes on the door. "Please be okay.."

More than an hour passed by quickly and the doctor came out of the room. "Are you a family member?"

Wooyoung hurried to the doctor. "I...yes, is he okay?"

The doctor shook his head. "It's really a miracle...he's been on ventilator for months even though his body has recovered, he never woke up from his coma...but now he's awake and breathing on his own."

Wooyoung's eyes widened. "Really?! Can I see him? I need to see him!"

"Not right now, we don't want to overwhelm him, you see, his mind is still disoriented and he's adjusting to his surroundings."

Wooyoung nodded eagerly. "Right, of course...I'll give him time."

He spent that time pacing in front of San's hospital room, he couldn't go any further, scared of anything that could happen.

A nurse coming out of the room caught his attention. "Sir? Visits are allowed now, you can go in." She smiled and walked past him.

Wooyoung took a deep breath and went into the room, his heart breaking at the scene.

San looked so lost, on the verge of tears.

He only looked down at his boney hands and the wires connected to them.

Wooyoung wondered if he would recognize him.

"Sannie..." he spoke softly, making the other look up with tired eyes.

Wooyoung smiled, going to sit down by the hospital bed. "Do you remember me?"

The only response he got was a slow blink.

It made him sigh, maybe he got too excited. "It's okay...you must be tired."

Wooyoung reached to hold San's hand. "I'm so happy you're awake..."

San tilted his head in confusion, who's this boy and why is he happy to see him.

Wooyoung gently squeezed his hand. "Don't worry.." he got up and leaned in to whisper in San's ear. "I love you, my soulmate." Hoping it would help him recall.

But it didn't seem to work.

San only looked more confused, making eye contact made his heart skip a beat, but his brain couldn't recognize the boy's face.

Wooyoung wiped his tears. "It's okay...take your time to remember me...I'm just happy you're awake.."

"You..." San spoke with a hoarse tired voice, wanting to thank this person but not having enough energy to say it.

Wooyoung smiled upon hearing San's voice. "You don't have to say anything..." he stroked over the other's hand with his thumb. "You remember your name, right?"

San nodded. "San...Choi San..."

Wooyoung nodded. "Yes, that's right...see? You remember...it's just that our situation is a little different..."

San closed his eyes, but his hand held onto Wooyoung's tighter.

It seemed like something within him was attached to this boy, he just couldn't remember.