𝗧𝗲𝗻

Wooyoung slowly opened his eyes, squinting them as they adjusted to the bright lights.

He was in a white room filled with machines beeping continuously.

The lights and sounds irritated it him for an unknown reason, they felt unfamiliar.

He looked around him and slowly realized he was laying in a hospital bed.

"Ah..." he winced as his head began aching.

Then an unfamiliar woman came into view. "You're awake! That's brilliant!" She grinned while checking the machines hooked to his body.

Wooyoung only watched her do her work while he tried to remember why he's here, not having enough energy to ask questions.

A few minutes later, his mother rushed in. "Wooyoung! My baby, you're finally awake!" She cupped his cheeks, her eyes filling up with tears.

Wooyoung recalled the night when a car hit him on his way home. It made him smile that his mother was here with him. "Mom...you came all the way from home..." he weakly spoke.

"Of course I did baby, they told me you were hit by a car and I couldn't wait to come and see you..." She smiled back, wiping her tears. "I'm so glad you're awake...it took you too long."

Wooyoung looked up at her confused, how long has it been? He couldn't guess, but something felt missing.

They let Wooyoung rest for a while before helping him sit up to eat.

"You need to eat well to recover quickly~" His mother smiled happily as she started feeding him.

Wooyoung made a face at the first spoonful, it felt strange to eat and have a taste in his mouth. Like it's been years since he has eaten anything.

But his mother insisted that he finishes his light meal to help support his currently weak body.

The day passed like that and Wooyoung didn't do much, other than eat and listen to his mother speak about how happy she is that he's okay.

"I will stay here with you tonight, in case you need anything."

Wooyoung shook his head. "It's okay mom, I'll be fine...I can call for the nurse."

He felt the strange need to be alone.

Mrs. Jung sighed. "Okay sweetie...I'll come back early in the morning, okay?" She hugged her son and kissed his head before leaving.

Wooyoung looked around the empty room for a few minutes. Something felt wrong, something felt missing, yet, he couldn't tell what it was.

His heart felt empty, it hurt.

Like he was missing someone so so bad and needed to see them, but he couldn't tell who it was.

He wanted to run out of the hospital and go find them.

But who is it?!!

Sadness and frustration took over Wooyoung and made him cry hard.

He felt lonely even when his mother was with him and giving him all her attention and warm love.

He slowly wiped his tears and decided to go to sleep, maybe then this feeling would go away.

But it didn't.

His dreams were all with someone. A blurry figure he couldn't recognize. But he was happy the entire time with them.

The next morning came and so did his mother, smiling happily and chatting with him.

"When can I leave?" Wooyoung asked, half begging.

"The doctor said you can leave tomorrow if someone takes care of you at home, which is going to be me." His mother held his hand.

Wooyoung nodded, any place but here.

But going home wasn't any better.

He liked the familiar place, and the comfort of his own bed, but that feeling of emptiness didn't go away, it only got worse.

Wooyoung sighed as he sat in his bed while his mother watched tv in the living room.

He's gotten most of his energy back with time but she wouldn't let him move, it was frustrating.

He looked around him to find something entertaining, but he found nothing new, so he looked in his bedside drawer and found a blue book.

All about soulmates

The title itself made Wooyoung's head hurt and spin, strange visions flashing through his mind, but he couldn't tell what it was.

He picked up the book and opened it, reading the first page, he slowly recalled reading it before.

But what was strange is that he knew he called it crazy before, but now everything the book said sounded very believable to him.

"Lost souls..." Wooyoung read out loud, moving his finger over the familiar words.

He sighed, feeling defeated when he couldn't remember what he felt like he had forgotten.

Wooyoung put the book aside and went to sleep. He had to go to the hospital the next day for the doctors to check his head injury.

—————

"Let's hope that you won't need to wear bandages after this check up and it's all recovered." Mrs. Jung spoke as the taxi drove them to the hospital, but her son wasn't paying any attention as he rested his head against the window of the car, wondering about the feeling in his heart.

At the hospital, the doctor told Wooyoung that his injury has fully recovered and he doesn't need to come back to the hospital anymore, it was a relief.

On their way out, Wooyoung's mother was still talking happily and he was still not paying much attention.

But something caught all his attention and made him stop in his tracks.

"We want to take him off life support because he still hasn't woken up, but there's no one to sign the papers, patient Choi San is really a lonely one."  One of the nurses told another with sympathy in her voice.

Wooyoung heard a loud scream in his head so clearly. It was his own voice.

"I WILL LOOK FOR YOU AND FIND YOU CHOI SAN!"

Choi San...
Choi San...
Choi San...

Wooyoung's eyes widened.

San...!!