𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

Wooyoung woke up to find himself still laying in the middle of the street. Except everything was different.

It was quiet, so quiet that he couldn't hear a single sound, any sound.

No cars, no people, no animals, nothing.

Then he remembered the accident, but there were no traces of it, not the car that hit him, not even the blood he saw before passing out. But he could feel some pain at the back of his head.

"What the hell...why didn't anyone help me?"
He mumbled to himself as he slowly got up and found himself clean of any injuries, which was good but still very strange.

Wooyoung looked around him, it was still night, but all the lights were on. The streets were even too bright for the uneasy feeling he had.

"What time is it even..." he lifted his arm to look at his wrist watch but it wasn't moving, it was exactly 8:30pm.

"This thing is broken..." he sighed and decided to head home, unaware of the strange things happening, or rather not happening, around him.

Wooyoung wasn't the type to pay attention. He always walked so carelessly and didn't give a close look. But on his way back home he realized something wasn't right.

That guard dog that always barked at him whenever he passed by it didn't bark, in fact it wasn't there at all.

That big screen that played advertisements all day and night was turned off.

He reached the street where his apartment was, but nothing felt familiar. It was all gone.

Wooyoung stood in the middle of the street and looked around him, it didn't feel like home. Everything he was familiar with was gone. Only dull buildings and dim lights. Not a soul to be seen or heard.

It made him feel unwelcomed, unwanted in this area. The uneasiness he felt only growing.
he felt stuck in a ghost town that was once his home.

"What's going on..." Wooyoung wondered as he still walked towards his apartment and it felt like something was pushing him away. Some magnetic force not wanting him to get close to the place he was most familiar with. But he went anyway.

He didn't even feel happy or relieved that he arrived home, still feeling like a stranger to the place.

But what was really strange is his apartment door never opening. He tried the lock code over and over again but nothing happened.

Maybe the machine is broken Wooyoung thought but the doorknob wouldn't even turn when he tried to pull it.

It sent panic to him. He ran back out to the street and looked around him again. "Hello?!" He called, desperate to hear someone answer his call. "Hello?!!" He screamed louder, hopefully someone would wake up and tell him to shut up because it's too late at night.

But nothing happened.

Not a single sound.

Just his voice echoing back at him.

"Where's everyone?!!" Wooyoung screamed, hoping again to get an answer, but he got nothing again.

He started running.

To nowhere in particular. Just somewhere he could find someone, anyone.

But he gave up eventually, stopping at the big screen again and looking around the street that was always so busy no matter the time.

The time?

Wooyoung ran again to any store that had a clock, to his surprise, all the stores were open, but no one was inside.

He stopped in shock when he found all the clocks pointing at exactly 8:30, none of them moving.

"No...this can't be..." he shook his head in disbelief. "This isn't real, it must be a dream..."

But clocks in dreams don't show time, not this clearly at least. And he was aware of that.

"No...no...what's happening..." he ran his hand through his hair, not knowing what's happening or what to do.

Wooyoung ran outside again, screaming in the streets, hoping someone would show up.

Until he stumbled and fell hard onto the concrete floor. But there was no pain at all.

He couldn't feel any pain and not a single scratch on his skin.

Souls don't experience pain and can't be hurt

Suddenly those lines from that book he read just the night before played in his mind. "No...don't be ridiculous Woo, none of that is real." He tried to convince himself but the situation he was in didn't feel real either.

"But what if it is real..." his eyes filled with tears as he looked around him once again, still sitting on the ground in the middle of the street. He felt so helpless and just wanted to cry, so he did, like a little child that got lost from his mother.

"What am I gonna do..."

Then a voice brought him back to reality.

"Sir?"