𝗘𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

Wooyoung ran to room 1024 where the nurses told him patient Choi San was staying.

His head ached but he had to make it there on time, they're going to switch off life support and kill him soon.

Wooyoung stormed into the room. "Stop!"

The nurse turned around. "Excuse me?"

"Don't switch it off, please...I think I can wake him up..." Wooyoung spoke between pants.

"Oh thank god, this boy has been here for months and nobody had visited him! I felt so sorry for him...his body has mostly recovered but he's not waking up." the nurse sighed. "I'll wait outside to give you time alone...but please keep in mind, we have to switch it off soon.." she smiled apologetically and left.

Wooyoung looked towards the bed and saw him laying there.

He looked weak and sick, but it was still him.

Wooyoung stepped closer and hesitantly held the unconscious's boy hand, feeling the emptiness in his heart quickly fill up.

He immediately burst out crying.

"S-San...I found you...I-I kept my promise.." he said between hiccups.

He held his hand tightly, scared to let go.

"You have to wake up...please..."

"Wooyoung..? What are you doing here?" Mrs. Jung stood at the door after running after her son. "Who's this?" She looked towards the lifeless looking boy on the bed.

Wooyoung smiled at her then turned to San again, wiping his tears. "He's...my missing piece..."

His mother furrowed her eyebrows. "What are you talking about? Is he your boyfriend?"

Wooyoung just hummed, staring at San's face fondly."My soulmate..."

************************

San was walking around the deadly quiet city, looking around him as he missed his soulmate more and more, he guessed it hasn't been that long in the real world, but it felt like an eternity in this world, or maybe it was a longer period of time in the real world, he couldn't tell.

A new sensation made him look down at his hands with wide eyes. They were fading.

"No way...Wooyoung...you really made it..?"

**************************

The nurse came back after a few minutes. "Sir, can you sign these papers please? We need consent to disconnect him."

Wooyoung's heart dropped. "No! Please...just give him more time, he'll wake up."

The nurse sighed. "He hasn't gotten any better in months, sir..."

Wooyoung shook his head. "It's different now, I promise he'll wake up soon! I'll pay for his stay if I have to!"

Mrs. Jung frowned. "Wooyoung, they know what they're doing."

Wooyoung shook his head stubbornly. "No! I won't let you come near him! Just give him one extra week, please?"

The nurse sighed. "I'll ask the doctor..."

Wooyoung brought San's hand to his lips. "I won't let them kill you...no matter what I have to do or pay..."

Wooyoung's mother placed her hand on her son's shoulder. "Sweetie, we-"