𝗦𝗶𝘅

Wooyoung shook his head in disbelief. "You're lying, there's no such thing as lost souls...people can only live and die!"

"Well then how are we here?!" San cut him off.
"Because of that goddamn book! This is how we were destined to meet out of all the other soulmates!"

Wooyoung frowned. "What...? You are my soulmate? You're a lost soul? And so am I now?! How do you even know that?!"

San scoffed, his soulmate was really dumb,or maybe it was the effect of the shock and all the new information he was processing. Either way, San understood and was willing to explain things as many times as he needed to.

"Yes, I am your soulmate, and yes, I am a lost soul, and according to that book, you would be too. And to prove to you that we are soulmates, we both left our physical bodies at exactly 8:30 pm but on different Wednesdays....that only happens with soulmates."

Wooyoung just stared into the distance. "Can we...can we sit down..."

The two walked to the closest bench and sat down, Wooyoung burying his face into his hands. "I don't understand...how did this happen..."

"Lost souls happen when the person isn't dead but isn't fully alive either..." San calmly explained. "So it's possible that you, as in your physical body, is in the hospital right now and they're trying to save you...you're a lost soul right now, but as soon as your family visits your physical body and claims it...your soul will be returned and you'll go back to the real world..."

Lost souls can be found and returned after a loved one's touch, voice or even just a memory

Wooyoung's eyes widened as he remembered those lines from that book. He couldn't understand them at first but now they make sense.

"That's it! All I have to do is wait! My parents will find me and I'll be alive again!" His eyes brightened up and he smiled happily, turning to look at San, but his smile fell as soon as he saw the disappointment on the other's face and only then he noticed how down he sounded when he explained the returning rules.

"It's that simple, right? If my parents find me in the hospital, my soul will return to my body, right?" Wooyoung asked nervously.

San nodded. "Yes, of course...in that case, it shouldn't take long at all." He said, while looking down at his hands in his lap, visibly unhappy with that fact.

Wooyoung frowned. "Then what is it?" He tilted his head, nervously waiting for an answer.

"Oh, nothing, don't worry, it's about me, not the book." San shrugged it off, and to his surprise, the other didn't ask any more questions and didn't seem to care either.

"I see...now tell me, aren't we supposed to be in love or whatever?" Wooyoung asked bluntly while looking at his soulmate, who was taken back by the sudden question, but only laughed at his cuteness. "I guess real life soulmates aren't like ones in movies...we just met each other..."

Wooyoung pouted. "True...but I have to admit, you're cute....not my type, but handsome enough." He smiled.

San smiled slightly. "Thanks I guess...I could say the same thing about you..." he found it adorable how honest and straightforward Wooyoung was, not even denying the fact that San wasn't his type, but accepting him as his soulmate.

"Can you tell me more about lost souls? You seem to know a lot...I mean...aren't we supposed to like float and walk through stuff? At least that would make my stay here fun."
Wooyoung rambled on while pouting like a child, his true bright personality showing more and more.

It made San laugh loudly this time. "That only happens in movies I guess...look, we didn't even lose our color." He laughed again.

Wooyoung smiled as he noticed the squeak in San's laugh, it was funny but also cute. "Your laugh is silly." He laughed along with him, forgetting for the moment what kind of a world they're stuck in as their laughs echoed around them, filling the quiet and the emptiness of the place.

"It's really not so bad now that you're here..." San shyly admitted.

He always wandered around the quiet city on his own with not a single soul to talk to and nothing to do, but now his long awaited soulmate arrived and he couldn't be happier.

Wooyoung smiled. "I'm glad I found you, you know so much about this and even told me how I can go back..."

San's smile fell again, Wooyoung's main concern seemed to be going back to his old life, which was a normal thing for any human to want, but he just hoped for more.

"Of course...you're meant to go back, so don't worry..."

Wooyoung nodded then a question popped in his head when he thought of his experience in this bizarre dimension so far. "Do we have any needs in this world?"

San shook his head as an answer. "No, we don't need food, water, sleep or any of the things alive human beings need...we're just souls."

Wooyoung huffed. "How are we even gonna spend our time..."

San smiled. "We can go on date."