Waiting game

My boyfriend Cedric is always so sweet. He cares for me, he makes me cookies and he just is a great gentle guy. He knows that I am very inpatient, so he decided to test me. He told me he had found a cookie recipe online that calls for 2 hours of baking, and if I could wait the entire 2 hours without checking on the cookies or taking them out before they are ready, he would buy me a poster I really want. I thought that was a fair deal, so I excepted the challenge. "Are you sure? I don't know if you can wait that long!" He teased. I giggled. "I know I can." I said, firmly. For the first 10 minutes I was okay, but I started to get impatient at the 30 minute mark. I tried to distract myself with my phone, but it did not help. I finally found a puzzle we could do after searching for 3 minutes. "We are doing this while we wait." I said. The cookies smelled so good. "Okay." He said smiling. We sat down and finished the puzzle in 30 minutes. This was the hour mark. I ran around the kitchen, trying to get energy out of myself. It didn't work. "Only 50 minutes left, y/n!" Cedric said. I grinned as he kissed me on the cheek. About 20 minutes later I was ready to give up. "You can quit anytime unless you want that poster!" He said. I shook my head at him. Y/n is not a quitter. I waited for 30 more minutes. When the oven beeped I nearly exploded. I got the cookies out. They smelled amazing. "I knew you could do it." Cedric said. I kissed him on the cheek in response. "I love you." I said " I love you too"