Nya's POV

I woke up at 6:30 thanks to my alarm on my phone. As usual I checked my phone for any notifications. A message from [Y/n] was the only notification, Jay obviously hadn't woken up yet as my morning text wasn't there.

[Y/n] 6:22 am

Do you have Lloyd's number?

Me 6:31am

Yes it's ###########.
If your asking him to the valentines
dance I suggest you do it in person.

[Y/n]  6:33am

THERES A VALENTINES DANCE!?!?

Me 6:34am

You didn't know?

[Y/n]  6:34am

No, no one told me 🥺

Me 6:35 am

The posters are all around the school.
We need to go dress shopping ASAP

[Y/n] agreed to go dress shopping with me on Saturday, which was tomorrow. I smiled thinking about Lloyd finally having a reason to go to a dance, he'd be so happy.

[Y/n]'s POV

I put my phone on my desk. There was a dance, next Tuesday. I'd have to ask Lloyd today. How would I do that? It's usually the boy that asks the girl, on tv anyway, but Lloyd said I was the only girl other than Nya he'd ever spoken to so I doubt he'd ask me. Has Lloyd ever even been to a dance before?

I'd have to break into my savings to buy the dress. I would only need around £50, it's not like it's prom or anything.

~Mini time skip~

The bus ride to school was the same as usual. Me getting on a few stops before Lloyd, everyone scrambling over to the other side of the bus. I really felt like flipping them all off, but I knew Lloyd wouldn't like that.

Lloyd excitedly told me he had pancakes for breakfast.
"What did you have for breakfast?" He asked me.
I put my finger up and rummaged around my bag. I found an old breakfast bar.
"This." I said holding it up.
"[Y/n]. That is not very healthy, Zane said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day." Lloyd scolded me.
"Hey at least I'm eating something." I said, my mouth full of breakfast bar mush.
"That's so gross."
"Your gross, wearing the same hoodie all the time." I teased.
"Actually this is a different one." He said pulling a face at me.
"How many do you have?" I questioned.
"Many... wayyyyy too many to count."
"Your just saying that 'cus you can't count over 10."
"I can." Lloyd then proceeded to count to 5000.
Once he was around 1326 we got off the bus. By 3265 Nya gave us a strange look from her locker.
"I said he couldn't count over 10, so he's proving me wrong"
"3272, 3273, 3274..." Lloyd counted loudly.
"Ah..." Nya said.
By time he got to 4653 the rest of us, including Angie were stood around him.
"4998,4999,5000, five thousand an-"
"No more please." I begged
"Told you I can count over ten." He replied.
Luckily the bell rang, stopping him from continuing out of spite.

~Mini time skip~

First lesson- maths.
Me and Kai shared a groan before going into the classroom.
"This is torture." I whispered.
The teacher had handed out a small quiz "To see how we were getting on."
"This quiz will be answered under exam conditions, so I expect no talking. That includes you Mr Smith." The teacher looked Kai dead in the eye.
"Yes sir."
"I said no talking Kai."
'What crawled up his butt and died' M's voice made me jump, I hadn't heard from him in a while. What he said was hard to not laugh at. I had to forcibly hold my laughter back. I pretended to cough.
'Could you not, I have to be quiet.'
'Sorry.'

~Mini time skip~

I had tried to find Lloyd at break, to no avail. His teacher was probably being a horrible little shît and keeping him behind to shout at him. I don't know how he takes all of the shouting, as soon as someone slightly raises their voice at me my eyes tear up.
I had found Angie though, she was near the girls toilets, sitting on the floor again.
"Hey Angie. What you writing?" I asked, sitting down next to her.
"Oh, hi [y/n]. It's nothing, stupid really..." Her hand was fidgeting with her locket again.
"So, you bringing your soulmate to the valentines dance?"
"I can't..." A single tear rolled down her face before she quickly wiped it away. "But that doesn't m-matter, are you bringing Lloyd?"
I wanted to ask her about her soulmate but at the same time I didn't. "Uh, yeah probably if I can figure out a way to ask him."
"Buy him green tea flavoured poky, I used to see him with them all the t-time. So he must like them. And then just ask him if he'd go with you." She said.
I didn't question the fact that she had obviously been observing him.
"Where can I buy them?"
"The c-coffee shop where I work on weekends just got a huge delivery of them."
Ah so that's how she knew.
"I'm going dress shopping with Nya tomorrow. When's your shift, I'll come and get some."
"I work at 10am till 11:45am then I have my lunch break, and my s-second shift starts at 12pm and ends at 4:30."
I scribbled my number on her hand. "Here's my number, I'll text you tomorrow when I need the location."
The bell rang signalling that it was time for 3rd lesson.

~Mini time skip~

Lunch time! My favourite time of the day. I headed over to the bleachers with Cole after our economics lesson.
Angie was already there as she had just had sports.
"Hey guys." She greeted, momentarily looking up from her notebook. It was the same turquoise notebook that she was writing in at break. It wasn't for any of her lessons as she had carefully labeled each notebook with the corresponding lesson.
Nya, Jay and Kai where the next to get there. A few minutes later Zane and Lloyd joined us.
"Hey [N/n]." Lloyd said, taking a seat next to me.
"Hey blondie." I replied.
"Did you just come up with that?" He asked.
"Yeah, pretty good if I say so my self."

I pulled out my lunch box which was filled with a variety of fruits and veggies.
Lloyd pulled out a handful of sweets out of his bag. (For my non British readers sweets=candy)
"That isn't very healthy Lloyd." I quoted from this morning.
"Hey at least I'm eating something." He quoted back.
"Touché , Touché."

AN

1813 words (before AN)

30th November 2020

I actually finished this chapter on the 15th, however I'm going to schedule the release dates of the chapters, as I don't want to publish a bunch of chapters back to back and then loose my motivation and leave it for a few months.

That's all for now.
~actuallyabiscuit0602