Chapter 9

Goodnight Mommy

Lauren"

I laid there in the dark with my arms around this child frozen, I couldn't move. I wasn't sure what to think.

Half of me was beaming and I was about to breakdown in tears of joy, but the other half was scared. All I've ever wanted was to show her was that she's our family now and that she can trust us.

What if I'm not good enough, what if I can't keep her safe or I can't keep the pain away.

With all these thoughts rushing through my head I became a little dizzy and tired and I just needed to sleep, but I do know one thing for sure.

She's my daughter now and that's all that counts, and with that I fell asleep.

Jess"

I woke up from the sun beaming through my window and I could tell it was going to be a good day, then I remembered.

If dropped a huge bomb last night on Lauren and I felt horrible, it's only been a short while and I already called her mommy.

She probably doesn't want me to be her child or she's probably thinking she's way too young for this responsibility what if she regrets it. What if I go to an orphanage please don't make me please.

{A/N: Nothing against orphanages, two of my cousins were adopted from them}

I was dead in thought when I felt something move around me and I realized it was her arms and she must've been waking up.

Oh no I already started to panic and try to control myself but it wasn't really helping, I'm freaking out man I'm freaking out!

I heard a slight laugh and I turn to face a smiling Lauren. I look at her confused, wouldn't she want to send me away now?

"I don't get it why.."

I was cut of before I could even finish by being pulled into a nice warm comforting hug.

"Before you say anything I just want to let you know I'm honored to be your mom, and I've always known that I would protect you and now it's my job. To me the title just states that it's easier to show you I love you more just by calling you my daughter because you're the best one out there!"

"But what about.."

"Shhh please Jess just shhh honestly it's an honor and there's nothing in this world that could make me happier right now then having my daughter -emphasizing daughter-
with me right here."

Tears welled up into my eyes and I gripped onto her tighter while she rubbed my back and eventually we pulled away. She wiped my tears once again and decided it was time to eat and hey no arguing with that!

We head downstairs into the kitchen to see Ally and Dinah making pancakes.

"ALLLLYYYYY DDDIINNAAHHHH"

I screamed while they looked startled.

"Mhm sure you scare me then you want pancakes, maybe you should've thought that through missy." Dinah sassed.

I groan and sit next to Lo at the table patiently waiting while tapping my fingers on the wood.

I feel a hand grab mine to stop the tapping and look up to see the one and only Lern laughing at me.

"Dude it's just pancakes chill out you'll get them soon enough."

"MOM THESE ARE NOT JUST PANCAKES HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT!" I fake sniffle.

Wait a second.. before I realize what I just said I see Ally and Dinah drop the spatula on the floor and give us a 'what-the-hell' kind of look. But not a bad one.

Then I look over to see someone gasp and it just so happens to be Camila and Normani in the doorway with their jaws hanging open.

I nervously laugh and try to crack a joke by saying "Close your mouth don't want to catch flies" but no one laughs they just stare waiting for answers with curious eyes.

Oh god this is going to be a long day.

A/N: Hey sorry it's so short Ive got loads of homework and I need to work on my solo for band and it's crazy! I hope you enjoy please leave comment below telling me what you'd like to see I'm not really sure where I'm going with this story yet? LOVE YOU Xx