Chapter 5

It was evening when Kushi returned home. she was angered to see Shyam waiting for her near Gupta house.

Khushiji please listen to me, please...

I don't want to hear anything, saying this to Shyam she entered her home and closed the door. She found her family making preparation to make sweets for tomorrows order. But soon they heard a knock at on their door; Buaji went to open the door not before Kushi warning the person at the other side may be Shyam.

But buaji said I want to know why he lied to us, let him explain, it's not that we are going to believe anything he say. I loved him like my own, how could he betray me.

Kushi was right, it was Shyam.

Why are you here now. Buaji asked with all the anger she felt.

Buaji please listen to me, please, Buaji couldn't refuse even though she was in dilemma whether to give ears to him, but she decided to listen anyways.

Tell me what made you lie to all of us? Why did you insult the love and respect we gave you?

Buaji I lost my parents during my collage days ,first dad then after one year mom too ,I was their only child, I was craving for somebody to love me and care me , genuinely be there for me and I found that in your home. I know I shouldn't have lied you but I didn't want to lose all these because I was related to Raizadas . I would have told you about how I  am related to them at the beginning but stopped after knowing they are the reason for your plight. I was afraid I may lose what I found after so many years.

But you could have said that after Kushi started working for them, and as far as I know you have a large family so why us ? Buaji asked.

"I do have family that I am not a part of. I craved to belong with them, but all I was a trophy husband. I felt so lonely even among so many people. But with you all I just felt like I was a part of you all. I could find a sister in Payal, I could find a friend in Khushiji, and I found a mother in you. Nobody cared for me like you all after my parents."

"Don't lie Shyamji. I myself have seen how much Raizadas respect you, I have seen Anjaliji worship you".

"I am not a god to be worshiped Khushiji, I am just a human being who craves love ,a person who have emotional social, and physical needs. All I want is somebody to sit beside me when I am sick, not somebody who orders her servants to take care of my needs and leave to temple to arrange for a Pooja. All I want is someone who understand my emotions not somebody who orders her chotte to make sure I have all luxury as if I am some possession to be kept in exchange of luxuries."

" Do all these give you right to hide the truth that you are married even when Buaji wanted you to marry me?"

"No, I would have never married you .I couldn't. I love Anjali and will never think to cheat her."

"Are you delusional shyamji? Just a minute back you were saying she's not enough for you?"

"NO...I said I wanted more from my relationship with Raizada family, I do love them, I do love Anjali but I want her to treat me like a husband not a trophy. I crave for something more which is a feeling of belonging, being a part of, which I got from you all."

But that is not an explanation to hide your relationship. You could have said to us about them and still be a friend to me or seek the love which you claimed to be got from Buaji.

"No, I couldn't...I..I Have some other reason for that..."

"And what is that?"