Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"You are an amazing queen, but you are a little soft when it comes to stuff like that, you are married to a ruthless Viking and have Ragnar sons as brother in laws, stand up for yourself." I chewed harshly at my lower lip.

"Thank you Bjorn." I muttered I really needed that kind of talk I hated always bugging Ivar about every little thing.

"You're very welcome now come on, you are very round these coming months I have a feeling that baby will be born my next spring." I laughed a bit glancing at my very round stomach placing my hand over it before we made our way back inside to the throne room.

By the time dinner rolled around with all the brothers and their wives sitting around the large table. You could tell Ivar wasn't too much in a good mood sitting next to me rubbing his hand all over the bump while he was drinking keeping Rùne in his lap while he feed her.

"Look at how good of a dad Ivar is." Hvitserk chuckled quietly keeping Margrethe close to him who was giggling up a storm.

"Of course I'm a good father." Ivar smirked shaking his head.

"Plus my kids are beautiful." I snorted quietly, shaking my head amused drinking the rest of the water to wash out the taste in my mouth.

"How many kids do you plan on having?" Sigurd questioned looking quite bored actually.

"Like five, maybe six." I quickly shook my head so fast.

"Ivar are you trying to kill my body!" I exclaimed fast sending him laughing so loud the entire table started laughing a bit.

"Four." I gave him a stern look.

"Alright fine love four." He chuckled shaking his head he licked his inner he pinched at Rùne's cheeks softly while she was kept eating.

A couple thralls were spread around the room. Including Veronica and I saw her deeply playing with her hair a bit looking in thought.

"Four offspring not bad actually." Ivar chuckled leaning close to me nuzzling his head on my shoulder a bit. He waved Veronica over to fill his cup up. She came over grabbing the mug.

"Though I make speak, so Queen Ayana can actually keep her legs closed? More then four times." Everyone stopped what they were doing to stare at her quite in shock. I took a breather in.

"Oh no." Bjorn chuckled quietly staring straight at me fully his blue eyes showing curious eyes.

"Veronica I swear." Ivar grumbled loudly narrowing his eyes.

"But it's a genuine question my king, you have a whore for a queen." I quickly grabbed Rùne away from Ivar just when Ivar slammed his fist on the table.

"You will stop disrespecting her! You will know your place or I will have you killed in front of everyone." I quickly spoke fast handing Rùne over to Arya who flashed me a soft apologetic look.

"She will be safe with me my queen." She bowed her head at me.

"Veronica you keep disrespecting me, and I've let it slide it time, you call me a whore and you call me all these names with no proof at all." I let my voice stay calm and collected even though I was shaking with rage.

"You say I slept around to get my rank when that is impossible, when I met Ivar I was already a princess from my home land, when I married him, I never laid in bed with another man." I shook my head deeply.

"You spread absurd rumors about me, that I sleep around Kattegat when I'm always by Ivar's side or doing duties around the kingdom. Now I understand you are bitter about your new status. I know it must be hard going from being a pretty princess lazing around getting what ever you want." Her glare was so hard her body was shaking.

"That's were you and me are different, I worked my way to get here, not by sleeping around, by being myself, and by looking after other's as well. So I'm gonna repeat know your place Veronica, or I'll just have to put you in yours." Her mouth fell open so quickly and it seemed she couldn't say anything even Ivar looked startled staring at me his mouth dropped open.

"Taught her well." Bjorn snickered quietly.

"That was... Attractive." Ivar muttered a little kissing on my cheek, Veronica slammed the mug down storming off.

"I didn't even yell, was it bad?" I questioned confused.

"The worse way to make a person mad is to tell them off calmly by breaking them down, pointing out who they are and Ayana that's what you just did." Ubbe laughed quietly a little. Ivar chuckled.

"She deserved it.. I gotta get rid of her now causes she just annoying now. I hate having to find new thralls." Ivar grumbled a little.

"I don't need thralls Ivar I told you that." I chuckled exhaling a hard breath I didn't know I was holding back. I guess I really haven't stood up for myself since being here for almost a year.