Class ended shortly after and as Avalon began walking towards the door, Xavier following close behind as they headed towards their next class together, she was stopped by the sound of her name being called out.

"Hendrix."

His voice was so calm it made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. It took a great deal of willpower to turn and face Riddle as he walked lithely towards them, Rosier by his side as they caught up with her and Lestrange.

His eyes bore deep into hers as he spoke to Lestrange and Rosier, refusing to break his eye contact with Avalon as he said, "Boys, we'll catch up with you in Potions."

Xavier debated objecting, but he knew better than to dare speak back to Tom, so he simply shot Avalon one last look before he and Rosier turned and began walking towards their next class. The air between Avalon and Tom felt thin as they were left in their isolation, the class rapidly emptying as students disbanded to get on with their days.

"What is it, Riddle?" she asked, forcing a clear and confident voice.

He didn't answer her-- instead, he grasped her arm, right above her elbow, with a grip tight enough to almost force out a yelp, but soft enough to pass through other students in the hall inconspicuously as he led them out the classroom and into the busy corridor outside.

"Let me go," she hissed, trying to yank her arm away, but only being met with a tighter grasp as he kept leading them in the opposite direction of the Potions classroom. "Where are you taking us? We're going to be late for class, you twat."

"Surely, Slughorn will understand," the Prefect said, his tone unwaveringly calloused. His eyes scanned the nearby area, finding what they were looking for when they landed on a nearby alcove hidden partially by draping curtains before it. Without a moment's hesitation, he shoved her into the tight space, blocking her exit with his own body, staggering over her as he leaned his arm against the wall, staring at her look of annoyance with mirrored irritation. "Have you not grown tired of hiding from me yet?"

"Not yet, no," she said, rubbing the blossoming bruise on her arm as she shrugged.

He rolled his eyes. "You're a child."

"And you're a bore," she retorted. "Now, out of my way, I have to get to class," she grumbled, attempting to duck under his arm and bow out of the space, but he merely lowered his arm, catching her in his hold before she could get away. The action earned a groan, but she crossed her arms and slumped against the windowsill, staring at him with daggers in her glare. "What do you want?"

"I want to know why you were in my room."

She didn't have an answer to his question. Not one that he would believe, anyway. So, she tried to route the conversation away from his question-- she tried to just get under his skin. "And I want to know why you took it upon yourself to invade my private memories."

"You took it upon yourself to invade my private space. It was merely a defense," he said nonchalantly.

"A defense? Against what? Do you already feel so threatened by me, Riddle?" she said with a smirk on her lips. A momentary look of irritation flashed across his usually stoic features, which made her grin only widen at the slight victory.

"Don't flatter yourself," he said, though she could sense his calm demeanor deteriorating as they spoke.

"I don't know, I saw some pretty interesting things..."

He took a step forward, and she inched back until she was pressed against the window. The rest of the students were beginning to all pile into their classes, leaving the corridor increasingly empty. Still, he spoke in a hushed tone, making sure nobody could hear him as he hissed, "If you dare tell anyone about anything that you saw, I will make sure they are the last words you ever speak."