Ryan's cheeks turned a crimson red. Although Rachel was the only one to see him in that state, she did help him out before anyone could notice.

"You're never going to let me live that one down, are you?"

"Noooope." She smirked and opened the car door.

"Jesus. I don't know why I even put up with you." Ryan said jokingly.

"Isn't it obvious? You love me."

"You have no idea," He mumbled.

The cabin was just the same as they left it at the beginning of the summer. His parents were the owners before they split. His mother often let him use it for small parties or when he wanted to spend game night with a few friends. She was always fond of Rachel, so tonight was another exception. Of course, Ryan told a few white lies, saying that a few friends wanted to have an after-party before returning home.

After changing into nothing but a sports bra and basketball shorts, Rachel and Ryan grabbed snacks before deciding on a movie to watch.

"Aren't you a little too old for Disney movies?" Ryan asked.

"I feel so attacked right now. One can never be too old for Disney movies." She placed her hand on her hip, daring him to mock her. "These are classics, pure gold!"

"Whatever. You're the type that will be in her thirties reminiscing on how good old movies were. Winnie the Pooh head ass."

"Says the one person that memorized half of the lyrics!"

Halfway into the movie, Ryan pulled Rachel to his chest. He couldn't bear the small distance anymore, sighing in content.

Rachel was confused about her own feelings towards her long term friend. There was no doubt in her mind about loving Ryan. The only problem was that she didn't know how much she loved him. The close content shouldn't have bothered her as much, yet she couldn't ignore The constant beating of her heart.

"Ryan?" Rachel questioned. He answered her with a low hum.

"Why were you ignoring me before you agreed to go to the dance with me?"

Sighing, Ryan gently pulled her off his chest before he muted the smart TV. The sight of her warm hazel eyes had him in a trance. He did a once over of her features and smiled lovingly.

"Rachel, I'm not sure how to tell you this without sounding like a complete fool or stumbling over my words." He raked his long fingers through his hair. "Since middle school, I've been in love with you. Madly in love with you. I've kept it hidden for so many years, afraid that you might not feel the same. Afraid that you might reject me and never talk to me again. That thought alone scared me into keeping this secret. I couldn't bear to lose you. It wasn't until Rosemary told me that someone had caught your attention that I couldn't keep this from you any longer. It might sound selfish but I couldn't stand by and watch you love another and not me." He paused, letting Rachel process what he just said. "Do you have any idea how important you are to me? To have you by my side is enough but I had to try. I love you, Ray." He said.

"Ryan." She whispered out. Her shoulders slumped as her thoughts consumed her. Rachel tried to envision her life without Ryan and her heart ached.

"I mean if you don't feel the same way, I'll understand-" He continued.

"I love you too." She said.

"I won't be mad. It's just-"

"Jesus, Leslie! I said I love you too!" She yelled to get his attention. "I just don't want to lose our friendship. I'm not saying my feelings are not the same but to be honest, I'm just terrified."