Noya's Strength

"Noya, you shouldn't do this," Asahi advised, trembling like a leaf. Noya slapped him on the back with a grin filled with confidence.

"Have some faith! I'm gonna pound this shrimp's face into the ground."

"Who is he callin' a shrimp..." Yaku grumbled, taking a few steps around the sparring arena to ready himself. "He should look at himself."

Noya stepped forward with a sharp, toothy grin. His fist curled around his thin sword's handle as he swung it around a few times for an intimidation factor.

Yaku grabbed a long, sturdy, light wooden staff. Noya's sword lowered in confusion. "You're fighting me with a... stick?"

The small master spun the staff around his wrist with a frown. "It's a staff- have you never heard of them before?"

"We used to use those for sword training- before the actual sword," Noya replied with a teasing look. "Can a stick really beat a sword?"

Yaku paused, scanning the energetic boy. "I think I have something better for you." He walked over to the weapons rack and started to sort through the blades, spikes, and other lethal items.

Noya felt his palm become sweaty with anticipation, bouncing up and down on his toes. "What is he doing?"

"Probably giving you a better weapon," Tsukki replied.

"So he's looking down on me?"

Tsukki shrugged. "Probably."

Noya smirked, calming his nerves. "That makes things so much more fun."

Yaku, with a hum of satisfaction, grabbed two small items and walked back over to his opponents. "I think these will suit you better."

He opened his palms with two small daggers. The thin blades curved inwards, as if they were glaring at Yaku.

Noya laughed, waving his arm wildly. "You're," he cried, "giving me those?"

"Afraid of losing?" Yaku asked cooly, a cocky smirk covering his face.

Noy frowned and snatched the weapons, twirling them around. "Are you afraid of losing?"

"You think I'm going to lose to you?" He let out a sharp laugh as he readied his weapon. "Let's go."

Noya rubbed his thumbs along the leathery surface of the blades' handles. He drew in a deep breath, focusing his gaze on Yaku. Where are his weak points? Why is he fighting me with a stick?

Yaku lunged forward, thrusting the staff out in front of him, inches away from Noya's nose. "Don't think too hard, it's not like you."

"You little-!" Noya rushed forwards, back lowered as he swung his arm, nicking Yaku's shirt. The mentor, surprised, jumped back. He positioned his staff in a defensive stance, both ends pointing towards the sky and down towards the ground.

"I guess a stick can do that, huh? Isn't it impressive?" he gloated as Noya rushed towards him with outstanding speed.

"I'll admit it is impressive, but-" he swung up arms up, throwing his momentum to the right. In a flash, he dropped both arms to collide with the staff's sturdy wood, inflicting two massive dents. "I think this will weaken that thing!"

"What is he doing?" Tanaka grumbled. "Thought he would go for his head."

"Noya's smarter than we think; his method is to weaken the opponent before his final, and usually very flashy strike," Daichi commented, folding his arms with a proud smile. "He's like a very extravagant snake."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Feb 24, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Reclaim (Haikyuu Kingdoms!AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें