Chapter Thirty-Two

Flint tightened his bulletproof vest, ensuring the velcro was secured properly once more. They were getting ready to head into Sleepy Burrow to take out the cultists. The Order had to take a backseat to the WC, specifically for rounding up the cultists. The WC didn't want too many of them dead, but Flint wasn't going to complain. Mick let him know he was on thin ice so he was making sure to watch Nalah like a hawk just in case her orders to him changed in any way.

Did he want to be in the thick of it? Yes, would he have complained prior to mating to Gita? Absolutely, but Flint was no longer a hormonal mess and he could actually think logically about things.

It was startling, the amount of clarity he had now. The hormones had definitely worked their way completely out of his system and he honestly felt better. There was no drive to go out on missions, he wanted to go out but it wasn't this big push of, like if he didn't he felt like he wanted to claw his way out of his own skin at the mere thought of not being able to go on one.

Like late that morning when he had kissed Gita goodbye. He wasn't sitting there like a crack addict wondering when the mission would start because he was crawling out of his skin. He had simply asked Gita if she would like take out and a bath once the mission was done because he knew they would both be too tired to cook. She had agreed, because of course she did, she was practical, she knew what it was like being an agent. Which he loved that she was practical like that.

He was actually excited to be able to go home to that. To have take out and have a bath with his female and relax for the first time in what felt like forever. Plus the added surprise he had, he couldn't wait for that either.

"Flint, you good?" Lastor nudged him and Flint nodded.

"Perfect." He adjusted his mask and glanced at the vampire. They were all dressed black on black and Lastor had rubbed some eye black onto his skin. Which was important because the vampire was pale as fuck. He honestly looked like a glowstick some nights.

"It's good to have you back." He thumped his shoulder and Flint snorted.

"Good to be back." He didn't have to ask what Lastor meant. It was good that Flint was back to being level headed and he would never, in a million fucking years, be upset about his clarity. He needed that, it was too dangerous to be on missions otherwise. He understood why he was pulled from the team until he got it figured out.

Nalah gestured for them to start moving and Flint gave her a firm nod, falling between Lastor and Kenni as they stalked towards the dark town. "I need to properly meet your female." Lastor nudged him again and Flint glanced at the vampire.

"You will. You'll like her. She's pretty amazing." He was so fucking proud of her, just everything about her was amazing. She was a survivor, a warrior, a great agent, and so beautiful it distracted him whenever she was around. Case in point him going over to her to give her a kiss before the mission started, reminding her about their date. He knew it was pushing it with Nalah but he just wanted to see her again the moment he had caught sight of her looking far too sexy in her gear.

"She's awesome, probably a little mentally unstable because I don't know why she settled for this jackass." Kenni jerked her thumb at him and Flint shoved her with a chuckle. She almost went sprawling and then clawed the air between them with a hiss. He really was glad to be back, he had loved to spend time with Gita, he wouldn't have traded it for anything, but he was really glad to be back with his team.

"Flint!" Nalah called out his name and Flint immediately headed towards her. "I'm giving you a longer leash." Her gaze was sharp as she looked at him. "I want you to go get your drinking buddy." Her words had Flint slowly grinning. Oh did he ever want to go see Barry, the stupid cannibalistic fucker that he was. This had to be one of his favourite parts of an op after he had infiltrated.