"Jeannie Marx, we're ready for you in the back."

I gathered my things and shot one last glare at Lucas and followed the nurse to the back.

"Okay, we're going to have you step in here and pee in this cup. When you're done, just put the cup inside the metal box above the tissue roll. After you finish in the bathroom, go down to room 118."

"Thank you."

I nervously followed her directions and left the bathroom, heart almost beating out of my chest. I had took so many at home pregnancy tests but this was the real deal. I was going to see my baby today.

I anxiously waited inside the exam room, scrolling through social media to distract my mind when a nervous knock sounded at the door and an older lady who's name tag read Veronica stepped into the room.

"Heeeey, Ms. Marx, how are you feeling?"

Before answering her, I rubbed my hands down the sides of my dress nervously. "Im feeling okay. I already know the results of my pregnancy test."

She chuckled, "Well if you are thinking you're pregnant, you definitely are. You're actually a little late to be coming in."

"Really, how far along am I?"

"You're actually thirteen weeks pregnant!"

I did the quick math in my head. "So that means I am three months and one week pregnant?"

"Well, yes, but in terms of pregnancy we like to track them in trimesters."

As soon as she finished her sentence, my phone started to buzz in my pocket and I looked at my phone's screen that read Keon👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨 across it. I answered with a quickness.

"Sorry, babe I overslept."

I was genuinely confused because Keon and I had both agreed that he was too 'hot' right now and should probably stay inside the house away from everyone he loves.

"Babe I thought we said-"

"Look, ma, I dont care what we said. This is our child and I want to be apart of every moment."

My heart fluttered thinking of him not caring about his wellbeing and putting me and our unborn above everything else. Then my mind settled on Lucas. My heart beat fast knowing it was a possibility he was still outside and no telling what he'll do to him if he saw him.

"Well, okay baby. I'm in room 118."

We said our goodbyes and hung up the phone as he entered the doctor's office.

"Is that dad?"

I nodded my head yes. "Yes ma'am. Thats his crazy behind. I thought he had too much going on and wasn't going to be able to attend today but he surprised me."

A few seconds later and his presence graced the examining room I was in. He smiled a wide smile at me and extended his arms to hug me. It had been a long three weeks since I had been inside his arms. Things were very far from perfect right now but it felt good to see him and share this special moment with him.