Chapter 8

"Have you seen the Prince at all today?" A young man asked. "His fiancé is going to arrive soon and I wouldn't want him to be late".

The maid shook her head but suggested he looked in the Prince's bedchambers. The man nodded and started to walk briskly down the hall, grumbling under his breath as he did so.

That stupid boy is going to be late

He halted at the Prince's door and proceeded to knock the door twice. The knocks were answered with a firm "enter" from the other side. The young man entered and saw the Prince looking at a mirror trying to tame his unruly, auburn hair.

"Ah, hello Eugene!" Hiccup said cheerfully, "What brings you here?"

Eugene was the young mans name. He was a well known and a respected gentleman who was one of the Prince's closest friend.

"Do you know what the time is Hiccup?" Eugene said with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Hiccup frowned, "Did you really come here just to ask me what the time is?"

"Yes, I want to know if you know what the time is".

"My pocket watch is on the desk, have a look at it." Hiccup looked away from the mirror to meet his closets friends irritated gaze. "Did you loose your watch?"

"No I haven't lost my pocket watch but you have lost track of the time"

"I have? What time is it then?" Hiccup said looking back at the mirror, still fiddling with his hair.

Eugene sighed, "Its ten minutes to twelve".

"What! My fiancé will be here in ten minutes!", Hiccup panicked.

"Yes I know, that's why I was sent by you Father to find you. Come on, you will be extremely late if you do not come now".

"But I haven't finished with my hair!" Hiccup whined as Eugene dragged him away from the mirror.

The two young men quickly jogged down the halls in hopes that they won't be too late. Hiccup knew that they would be late if they didn't hurry but he kept looking in every mirror they passed to adjust his hair once again.

"What are you doing with your hair?" Eugene asked with an obvious expression of amusement.

"I'm just trying to look presentable" Hiccup huffed as he tried to tuck away a stray piece of hair.

"Come here, let me do it".

Eugene then proceeded to ruffle his friends hair so it was in the classic style of untameable auburn hair (like in httyd 2 but without the braids).

"Oi! Eugene what the fu-"

"Hush! We really do need to hurry now, she'll be here soon".

As Eugene said that, they could hear the familiar sound of horses trotting along the stoney road towards the palace. The young men walked over to the window and saw a regal carriage being drawn by two, large, strong brown horses. Eugene know it was the Princess and her family as the carriage was being pulled by the two finest horses in the royal stable that was only used to collect very important people.

"Shit there're here! Stop gawking at them and hurry up!" Eugene instructed.

"Hang on! I'm trying to get a glimpse of her" Hiccup replied, ignoring the fact that Eugene was about to carry him away from the window if it would get him to the throne room on time.

"Imagine, you will get to talk to her when you meet her in the throne room!" At this point Eugene had given up trying to move Hiccup and tried to persuade him to move away from the window.