82

"Wait..as in the Black Dahlia, Biltmore?" I asked as Sam groaned. "You already know about the Blsck Dahlia?" He asked as I chuckled.

"Yeah...I thought it was pretty well known? It's not every day someone gets murdered with no trace of blood at the scene." I said as Colby breathed a laugh.

"Marry me." He said as I rolled my eyes with a laugh. "I'm just really into this kind of thing.." I said awkwardly as I bundled my sleeves into my hands. "I think it's hot." Colby said then kissed my cheek.

"I bet you've never heard of the elevator game though." Sam said as if he was trying to impress me. I did know about the elevator game but I didn't want to crush him so I shook my head. "No, I haven't." I said as he grinned.

"Good, that means there's still room for new adventures." He said as we walked to the front desk. As Sam got us checked into our room I looked around the lobby.

I was always a huge fan of architecture and honestly thought about going into that career path. I couldn't spend four years getting a degree in it though because I couldn't afford it while trying to make it on my own.

My dad was architect for years, and he would bring me along on all of his projects. I was always so amazed by how much detail went into every project. He would spend hours sketching ideas and doing the math behind every inch of the building he was creating.

He would always give me the rough drafts of his projects to color. He had his own special little binder of the colored rough drafts, which looking back on was the most precious thing ever.

The Biltmore was beautiful though. The lobby had a gold hue to it, every inch of the walls and ceiling was filled with different textures and patterns.

"You coming, Vi?" Colby asked, snapping me out of my haze. "Oh. Yeah. This place is gorgeous." I said as he laced his fingers through mine. "Yeah, we're gonna explore the whole building when we get to the room." He explained as we walked towards the elevator.

"I'll be honest guys, this wasn't what I was expecting when you said we were going on an adventure." I said with a laugh as we made our way to the tenth floor. "Are you disappointed?" Sam asked as I shook my head. "No! No I love this..like a lot." I said as Jake laughed. "Just wait until we get possessed." He said as Corey punched his arm. "DUDE." He said as the door opened.

"We're not getting possessed. I've been there, it's not very fun." I said with a laugh as we walked out and into the hallway. "What the fuck, you got possessed?!" Corey asked and stepped away from me.

"Well I didn't gut myself consciously." I said and lifted my sweatshirt, revealing the faded scar from when we went to the asylum. "I'm not sharing a room with her." Corey said and took a step away from me.

"Bro." Colby said as Sam smacked him upside the head. "What!? I'm not about to get possessed." He said and rubbed his cross necklace with his thumb. "I think if anyone would her possessed it would be me, brother." Colby said as we walked to the end of the hallway.

"Nobody is getting possessed. Now shut up." I said as Sam opened the door. The room itself looked pretty normal, with two beds, a desk and bathroom off to the side.

"Did you get another room too?" Jake asked as I walked towards the beds, looking at the artwork on the walls. "No, the couch pulls out into a bed." Sam explained as we set our stuff down.

"I call a bed!!" Jake yelled then ran passed me to jump onto the bed. "I'll sleep on the pullout couch." I said as I turned towards Sam and Colby. "No way." Sam said as I chuckled. "Why not? It's only fair." I said with a shrug as Colby shook his head. "How is fair?" He asked as I sat down on the couch.

"I made you sleep on a lumpy hospital couch for like 3 weeks. And these guys deserve a comfy bed too." I said and gestured to Corey, Sam, and Jake. "You didn't make me sleep anywhere. I wanted to sleep on the bed with you." Colby said as I shrugged. "Whatever. It's already decided, I'm sleeping on the couch." I said as Sam looked at Colby.

"I wouldn't argue with her." Sam said as I smiled a wide smile. "Listen to Sam, babe." I said then pulled my phone out. I had a couple texts from Aisha and Ki so I responded to them then looked up again.

"So are we exploring or not?" I asked then stood up. "Did you want to maybe eat first?" Colby suggested as I walked over to sit on his lap. "Yeah, I'm honestly starving." I said as he kissed my cheek.

"Can we get pizza?" Jake asked as I rested my head on Colby's, lacing my fingers through his hair. "That sounds good." Sam said then started typing something into his phone. "Are you having fun?" Colby asked quietly as he set his phone down.

"Yeah, I can't wait to explore the building more. The architect and history behind this place is insane." I said as he grinned. "You're a dork." He said as I nodded. "But I'm your dork." I said then kissed his cheek.

"You guys aren't allowed to fuck tonight." Jake said as I laughed. "What do you think we are?" I asked with a laugh as Corey raised his brows. "Horny." He said as I rolled my eyes.

He wasn't wrong though, it's been a hot minute since Colby and I have gotten to be intimate and I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it.

"We're not gonna fuck tonight." I said as Colby chuckled. "Maybe." He said causing me to slap his chest and get off his lap.

"Alright, the pizza is ordered. Maybe I can explain the elevator game while we wait." Sam said as I walked over to my bag so I could wash the makeup off of my face. "That's a great idea." I said then looked through the bag Colby packed. I was proud of him for packing my makeup wipes, considering I thought I would have to use toilet paper.

"Okay. So basically the elevator game is a paranormal game that you can play to enter a different realm." Sam started as I wiped my face with the makeup wipe.

"You go to different floors in a specific order until a woman gets on the elevator with you on the fifth floor. If anyone tries to get on before the fifth floor, then you have to start over from the beginning." Sam read as Jake groaned.

"So this could take forever?" He asked as Sam nodded. "Yeah, we'll do it at midnight though so there's less of a chance of someone interrupting." He said as I sat on Colby's lap again.

"Anyways, if the woman enters on the fifth floor, we can't look at her or talk to her. This step is super important guys. DON'T talk to her or look at her." He repeated as a chill ran down my spine.

"When the woman gets on, the next step is to go to the first floor. Nobody can come on the elevator then either." He said then looked at us again. "The elevator will then either descend or ascend. If we get sent to the first floor we have to get off and not turn back for any reason." Sam said as Colby rubbed my side.

"If we get sent to the tenth floor we get off. The woman may ask us questions in a high voice but we can't answer. Once the door closes, we're in the other world." Sam said as Jake scoffed.

"Do you really believe that?" He asked as I shivered. The idea of going to a different world really hit different after being in the middle stage of life and death.

Maybe doing this wasn't a good idea.

"What happens if we get to the other world...how do we get back?" Colby asked nervously as I chewed on my lip.

"We repeat the same process again. This time though if it tries to take you to the tenth floor you have to cancel it by pushing any button. Keep trying until it brings you to the fifth floor." He said as I looked at my lap.

I knew about this game, but the idea of actually doing it and it actually working freaked me out. For once I just hoped it was fake.

"You okay?" Colby asked as I nodded. "Yeah, I'm okay." I said then smiled at him reassuringly. I was nervous, but at the same time I was excited about being able to be adventurous again.

Life was too short to not be adventurous.

Luckyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें