56

"How do I look? Super professional?" I asked as I stood in the foyer, smoothing out the black skirt Kat let me have.

Today I was going for a job interview to be an echocardiologist at a local hospital. I had been on so many interviews in the past 3 weeks that I couldn't even count them. Nobody wanted to hire me though because I was young and inexperienced. I had a good feeling about today though.

"You look really good, Vi." Colby said with a small smile as I grabbed my bag. "Thank you." I said then let out a deep breath. "Okay. I better go so I'm not late." I said and grabbed my bag as he looked me up and down.

"Call me when you get out, I wanna hear all about it." Colby said then pulled me to him by my waist and kissed me. I smiled against his lips, letting him kiss me for a second before I pulled away.

"I will. Love you." I said then opened the front door, "Love you too, V." He said as I walked out into the LA sun.

It might have been January but it was sunny as ever, the temperature still sitting in the high 70s. I liked the weather being nice, don't get me wrong, but I was really starting to miss the snow.

I sighed and got in my car, blasting the A/C so I wouldn't sweat my makeup off. I listened to the playlist Colby put together for me because it calmed the nerves that were bubbling in my chest.

I didn't mind job interviews, but they always made me a little nervous for some reason. I was good at showcasing my talents while keeping calm under pressure but I didn't like being sized up. I didn't like knowing that someone was looking for my weaknesses.

LA traffic was frustrating per usual which only made me miss Colorado more. I shook my head and focused on the music I was listening to.

I got to the hospital ten minutes early which would give me plenty of time to find where I was supposed to go.

"You can do this, Vi. You've got this." I said to myself in the mirror above my seat then got out of the car.

I found where I was supposed to go then walked to the desk. "Hi, my name is Violet Richards and I'm here for an interview." I said to the pretty blonde. "Oh! Okay yeah, I'll send Ryan out to get you shortly. Just take a seat here." She said with a smile and pointed towards the waiting area.

I nodded then sat down and started going through my resume to make sure everything looked good. A couple minutes later a man wearing a suit and white coat opened the door.

"Violet?" He asked as I nodded and stood up. "That's me." I said with a smile as he held his hand out for me to shake. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Ryan." He said as I shook his hand. "It's nice to meet you, too." I said as he opened the door for me to go to the back. 

He led the way to the small office that we would have the interview in.  "So, tell me a little bit about yourself, Violet." He said and sat down in the chair across from me.

"Well, I grew up in Ohio then decided to move to Colorado when I was 21. I worked as an echocardiologist and nursing assistant for about a year before I found myself moving to LA." I said with a smiled as he nodded.

"What brought you to LA?" He asked and set my resume down on the table next to him. "I moved due to personal reasons." I said as he nodded.

"You got a boyfriend..or you want to become an actress? Maybe a model?" He asked as my face scrunched with confusion. "Excuse me?" I asked being taken back by the question.

"Oh come on a sexy little thing like you doesn't come to LA to be a nurse." He said as I immediately tensed up. "Well I did. Why I moved here is none of your business." I said feeling defensive.