62

"I have a good feeling about this one, babe." Colby said as I grabbed a black dress from my closet. "Yeah?" I asked as I turned to him with a smile.

"Yeah. They're gonna hire you on the spot." He said as I shrugged, "I'm trying not to get my hopes up." I said then pulled my shirt off so I could get dressed.

Today I was going on another job interview at a hospital. I didn't want to jinx it but I had a good feeling about this one also, even though it would probably end the same way it ended every other time.

"Will you zip my dress?" I asked and turned around holding my hair up. "Of course." He said then started to zip me up. Before he could finish though he leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on the back my neck causing me to smile.

"I'm gonna be late if we get into that." I said with a giggle as he finished zipping my dress up. "I know, I just can't help myself sometimes." He said as I dropped my hair, letting it cascade down my back again.

"How do I look?" I asked and turned around to face him. "Gorgeous as ever." He said with a grin. "Perfect." I said then reached for my bag.

"Sam and I have a shit ton of meetings today so I probably won't be home when you get back but I'll text when I'm out and we can go grab some dinner or something." He said as we walked towards the front door.

"Okay, have fun at your meetings." I said then checked my appearance one last time before giving Colby a quick kiss and grabbing my keys. "Good luck, baby. You're gonna do great." He said as I smiled widely. "I hope so!" I said then skipped to my car.

I played music on the way to the hospital to amp myself up. In the back of my head I was extremely nervous because I didn't know how I would react if I got rejected again.

I didn't want to think about it.

I pulled into the parking lot and went inside, feeling the butterflies in my stomach grow. I walked to the front desk and smiled at the man behind it.

"Hi, my name is Violet Richards and I have a job interview." I said as he smiled warmly at me. "Perfect! Come with me." He said and waved his hand for me to follow him to the back.

He led me to a room with a desk in it, "Sophia will be right in." The man said then left me alone in the room.

"You've got this, Vi." I said then looked around the little office. I smiled as my eyes found a small painting of a little bunny that was on the desk.

"Hi daddy." I whispered to myself as the door opened. "You must be Violet." An older woman said as I stood up and reached my hand out to shake hers. "That would be correct." I said as she smiled a warm smile.

"It's nice to meet you, my name is Sophia. I'm the head cardiologist here. I went over your resume and you have some impressive experience." She said and sat across from me picking up the resume that was placed in front of her.

"You worked as a echocardiologist for a year, while also being a trained nursing assistant?" She asked as I nodded. "Yes ma'am." I said as she nodded, "You also worked at a diner during this time?" She asked as I nodded. "Yes, on my off days at the hospital." I said as she smiled.

"Would you say you have a lot of drive?" She asked as I nodded. "I do. Ever since I was little I wanted to be the best at everything and I would work hard to get there." I said with a smile, remembering when I would practice ballet for hours on end so I could be the best in the class. I was literally 6.

"What are some of your weaknesses?" Sophia asked as I took a deep breath. "Sometimes I let my passion for things take over, leaving me emotionally imbalanced." I said choosing my words carefully.