77

Colby's POV

"Violet?! Violet! What's going on?!" I yelled frantically as Sophia grabbed a piece of equipment from the drawer that was next to Violet's bed.

I watched in fear as Sophia put the machine to her chest, looking at the screen. "Her left lung is filled with blood." Sophia explained then slammed on the call button. "Is she gonna be okay?!" I asked as she started pulling the gown off of Violet so she could get to her chest.

"Go to the waiting room, I'll come get you when she's stable." Sophia said calmly as a couple nurses came into the room. "I-is she okay?!" I yelled as Sam pulled my arm.

"Start prepping for a chest tube." Sophia said, ignoring me as Sam pulled me out of the room. "Stop!" I yelled as he turned me to face him. "They can't work on her if you're in there screaming." Sam said calmly as I shook my head.

"She can't die, Sam. I love her." I said as he nodded, "I know, man. She's not gonna die. She's gonna be fine." He assured then pulled me in for a hug.

"What happened?!" Kat asked as she and the girls came walking down the hallway with bags of Taco Bell. "Violet started coughing up blood." Sam explained as the all of the girls gasped.

"Is she okay?!" Tara asked as I closed my eyes, keeping the tears at bay. "We don't know." Sam said as the police officers walked up to us.

"We'll keep in touch about the case. Once the victim is feeling a little better we'll need her to come to the station to identify the criminal. We'll keep in touch." One of the officers said as I nodded and shook their hands.

I felt like my heart was going to explode from how scared I was for Violet. She didn't seem to be in any pain when she passed out but I was still concerned that she wasn't going to make it through this.

"Let's go to the waiting room." Sam said then clapped his hand on my back. I nodded then let him lead me towards the waiting room. I hated not knowing what was going on but Sam was right. I just had to be patient and wait.

We sat for what felt like hours as we silently waited for the news. Every time the door would open I could feel my heart race. I didn't think I could get anymore nervous until Sophia finally opened the door.

"How is she? Is she okay?" I asked as she nodded. "She's doing fine. She's sleeping but you're welcome to come on back." Sophia said as a weight lifted from my shoulders.

"What exactly happened?" I asked as she walked with us back to her room. "Well, her lungs were working so well that they ruptured the stitches that were on her left lung thus making it fill with blood." She explained then opened the door to Violet's room.

"We drained the blood and redid the stitches, other than a little bit of blood loss she's fine." She explained as I sat down and took Violet's hand.

"Don't scare me like that, V." I mumbled and kissed her hand as everyone filed into the room. "Do you think she'll be upset that her Taco Bell is cold?" Kat asked and held up one of the bags. "I don't think she'll care if she's as high as she was before." I said with a laugh as Sam turned on a movie for us.

We watched the movie for a while before Violet at started to wake up. "Morning, sleepy." I said then stood up and brushed her hair back.

"You're still here." Violet giggled out as she smiled widely. "Yep, we're here. How are you feeling?" I asked and leaned down to kiss her forehead. "Hungry." She said with a goofy grin as she looked around the room.

"Is that Taco Bell? Oh I'd fuck with Taco Bell right now." She said as Xepher stood up with a bag. "It's all yours." She said then pulled out a burrito and handed it to her.

"I love you." Violet said then opened the burrito and took a big bite. "Sorry it's cold." Cassie said as Violet shook her head. "I'm about to have an orgasm this is so good." She said as I smacked my forehead.

"Glad to see you're still high as hell, V." Sam said with a laugh as she lazily ate the burrito. I thought it was cute how even when she was stoned out of her mind from pain relievers she was careful to not make a mess.

"It's really hard to eat with this thing, can I please take it off?" Violet asked and pointed to the neck brace she was wearing. "No, baby. You have to keep it on. It's keeping you safe." I explained as she frowned.

"You keep me safe." Violet pouted as I chuckled, "I try to. It doesn't work sometimes though." I said feeling my heart ache a little bit.

I couldn't help but think this was all my fault. I should have taken those threats even more seriously than I did. I should have kept reporting it until the police actually did something about it.

"Wanna bite?" Violet asked with a giggle as she lazily offered the burrito to me. "Sure." I said with a laugh then leaned over and took a bite.

It was actually gross as hell because it was cold but I wasn't going to say anything because I wanted Violet to eat.

The girls and Sam stayed for a little while longer before it was time for them to leave. Violet was in and out of consciousness throughout the visit because the drugs she was on made her sleepy and weak.

"Babe?" Violet asked as she woke up from a nap. "Yes, love." I said and took her hand again. "Do you think I'm pretty?" She asked as I chuckled. "I think you're gorgeous. The most beautiful girl I have ever seen." I said as she smiled at me.

"I think you're reaaaaally sexy." She said as I laughed. "Oh yeah?" I asked as she nodded sleepily. "Yep. You're wayyyy out of my league." She said as I shook my head.

"That's not true, V." I said with a laugh as she giggled. "Prove it." She whispered as I breathed a laugh. "I'd love to, but you need to heal before we can start doing that." I said as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm fiiiiine. I don't feel a thing." She said as I chuckled. "Mhmm. Right. How about we get milkshakes instead." I suggested as she shook her head. "I'll get fat, then you'll leave me." She said as I frowned.

"Violet, I'm not going anywhere. Even if you did get fat I would love you and think you're gorgeous. Every body is beautiful." I said as she giggled.

"You're so sweet. I love you." She said and lifted her hand so it could rest on my cheek. "I love you, more" I said then leaned down and kissed her.

"I love you mostest, no arguing." Violet giggled as I kissed her forehead. "Whatever you think." I said with a chuckle then grabbed my phone so I could order us some milkshakes.

I couldn't believe how much of a trooper Violet was being. I know she was high as hell but the fact that she was able to forget about the fact that her life long best friend tried to kill her amazed me.

She was stronger than anyone I had ever met before.

We spent the rest of the night watching movies and hanging out. I was honestly exhausted by the end of the night but I didn't want to leave Violet hanging.

"Are you tired, goober?" Violet asked as she took my hand. "A little, don't worry about me though." I said as she giggled. "Come lay with meeeee." She sang and opened her arms. "You know I would love to, but you're still injured, Vi." I reminded as she giggled.

"I keep forgetting." She said goofily as I kissed her hand. "Go to sleep, you're sleepy." Violet said then pointed to the couch. "You'll be okay?" I asked as she giggled and grinned.

"I'll be juuuuust peachy." She said then giggled and pointed to the couch. "Go or I'll punish you." She said as I rolled my eyes. "How are you gonna do that?" I asked as she giggled. "Don't listen to me and you'll find out." She said as I chuckled.

"Alright. Goodnight, Vi. I love you." I said then leaned down and kissed her. "I love you too, when you're wake up I expect hand cuddles." She said with a giggle as I nodded. "Anything you want." I said then walked over to the couch so I could lay down.

The couch was extremely uncomfortable and I knew I wouldn't have a good nights sleep, but I was willing to deal with it for Violet.

I would take the pain of the couch if it meant she didn't have to be in this room alone.