CHAPTER SIX

It's been about four years since my wife had passed away, Mia was nearly seven, doing great in school. Oliver was four, he was just starting out in school and already doing excellent. The house was rebuilt, and we were living in it. I decided to go for a bigger finish and started to do the kitchen exactly as what my wife wanted it to be like. After Belle had passed away the case had gone cold, Val had spent a mere three years in prison for everything she had done, and she wasn't really allowed to see the children anymore than what she saw them before. The kids never asked about her, they never seemed to think of her either. We never ended up finding that last body of Bobby Beggan. I don't know if we will ever find him or what happened with him, but there hasn't been any killing through the past four years, so that is a good thing. My boss had given me a short while off but soon as I could go back, I was back. The kids were in school everyday, so it helps a lot. Although, I had to be there to pick them up when school was done, and if I could not do it then I had Sierra drive them home and watch them until I could get off. Sometimes I couldn't get them and that was okay. That's why family was there for, to help us.

I was walking into work after dropping my children off at school. I still got odd looks from time to time, but since the death of my wife and his sister, Jordon and I had started to be partners. Alec had transferred to another workforce, and we teamed up. Jordon was kind of lost without Alec for a little bit, but then he settled fast. We did lots of other things that kept us busy, I was announced Chief just two years ago after our original chief had retired. I was in charge of this whole unit, even with the death of my wife I still managed to climb my way up to where I was trying to get too. Before she was killed, I was still under the chief's wing and he knew what was going on. A lot of people were not happy with my new position, but they dealt with it. I was always out in the force with everyone doing what was necessary, I did make a lot of changes to our unit and so far as what I could tell a lot of people are liking the new changes. If they did not like it, they said nothing. Someone had knocked on my office door, I had let them in.

"Sir, we found a body." He spit out.

I got up, grabbed my badge, gun, and coat and walked out of the office with him. "Where?"

"Just over at Greenhill park again, it's a male body, more than likely around twenty-five to thirty-five."

"Okay, thank you."

I grabbed Jordon as we got into my cruiser and headed out that way with the other half of the team. At Greenhill park there were already many officer's and it was closed off completely. Of course, there were lots of stand-by people standing around wondering what had just happened. The officers had kept them away and back from everything. There was a white sheet over the body that was found. I walked through the bodyguards with Jordon as we showed our badges and had walked right up to someone who knew what was going on.

"This male was found, there is ID on him, his name is Bobby Beggans."

"Holy shit, four years later and he's found." I mumbled. Jordon heard me.

I walked away closer to where no one was around.

"I can't believe he is found now." I mentioned, "I mean obviously it is no good thing, but at least we finally have the last body, although it's unfortunate we never found him before this was to happen."

"Well the case kind of went dead and nothing further, we tried looking for him, but nothing came up for it at all." Jordon explained.

I nodded my head, "Okay well the case has re-opened we should really try and find the killer immediately...before there is a fresh list of names that come to surface."

Jordon nodded and then went to make a few phone calls. I looked around to see if I could find anything around the area of where he was killed. There was fresh blood everywhere, and I knew he must've been alive for four years somewhere being held. More than likely around this area or not far. We know he hasn't been back at the warehouse, since we have that surveillance all around. Which was watched constantly, so if we saw any suspicion, then we'd be there right away. I saw a few shoe prints; it had rained the night before so that would explain the shoe prints in the mud. I followed some of them, but then lost everything along the way. I called over some experts to get them going on the shoe prints to see if they can find anything. They got some K-9 units out and started searching the area. I really hope they find something this time, because who ever killed my wife...also killed these men.