愛 ┊ thank you, love

SPECIAL CHAPTER
THANK YOU, LOVE。

hello :3 i missed karma so here's a wholesome chapter ig

It has been a few years ever since we graduated middle school. We were now of legal age, and everyone had already decided on their on paths to take. I've decided to study for (Career job), as it was my lifelong dream to be one.

And of course, I've also decided to move in with Karma in a small but cozy apartment. He was studying to be a bureaucrat, and so was I with studying for my future career.

Life was stressful. It still is, as I was busy with studying for exams while Karma was busy with his own studies. Hence, we couldn't really spend much time together as we could before.

But fortunately, exams finished today.

Here I am in college, preparing to go home when suddenly I hear my name being called.

"Yo, (Name)! Let's go hang out with Kanzaki and the others. They're waiting outside." Rio said, leaning by the door.

Ah, right. I almost forgot that I was going to spend my day with them. And here I thought I was going to be able to rest for the whole day.

"Sure. Let me just pack my bag," I spoke as I finished putting all my things inside my bag and I walked together with Rio to go outside the university.

"Does Karma know you're going with us today?" Rio asked.

"He does. Why do you ask?" I replied.

"Nothing. Was just curious."

I was about to push the conversation further when we saw Kanzaki and the other girls waving at us just outside.

"(Name)! How are you?" Kayano replied as she smiled brightly and hugged me.

I smiled back as her smile was contagious and replied happily. "Good! How about you guys?"

"We're fine! College is quite hard though," Megu replied.

"And so is getting a lovelife," Kayano added and we all laughed at her statement.

"I mean, you still have Nagisa as an option y'know?" I smirked at her which made her cheeks heat up.

"Speaking of Nagisa, how's it between you two, Kayano?" Rio had this devilish smirk and if possible, Kayano even blushed even more.

"He's busy, alright! Besides... I don't want to bother him..." Kayano pouted.

We talked about what's currently happening in our life right now to catch on with each other while we went to our destination.

Once we got to the restaurant, Rio and Kayano ordered for us while we waited at the table.

"Let's eat!" We all chorused and started digging into our foods.

We had talks here and there while eating.

Once we finished eating, we went to the mall to have a little fun playing the arcade and going shopping.

I went to the comfort room at the mall for awhile and when I was in the middle of doing my makeup, Karma called.

I picked it up after retouching my makeup.

"Yeah?"

"Baby. Tell me when you're going home and I'll pick you up." Karma said on the other side of the line.

"You don't have to, Karma. Your exams still isn't finished, right?" I refused. I didn't want him to get distracted while studying.

"Are you sure?" He sounded hesitant.

"I'm sure. Don't worry, I'll get home safe." I reassured.

"Okay, then. Get home safe. See you."

"Bye," I ended the call.

I put my phone back in my bag and then went back to where Kayano and the others are.

"Man, that was a long day." Rio sighed out of exhaustion.

"It was fun!" Toka exclaimed.

"Thanks for the fun day, guys." Kanzaki smiled.

"Let's hang out another time, aye?" Kayano smiled.

"Yeah, let's just hope that college doesn't kill us before we even graduate." Rio joked and we all laughed.

"Well, looks like I have to go now. Kanzaki, want to join?" Toka said and Kanzaki nodded, waving goodbye at us as they left.

"Well alright. See you tomorrow!" I waved goodbye as I grabbed all the stuff I bought and left.

I booked a taxi and went home. Once I got to our apartment, the lights were already on as I placed all the things I bought on the table and took a quick shower.

Once I finished showering and dressing up in pajamas I went inside the bedroom, in which Karma was busy studying for his exams but stopped when I went inside the bedroom. He was wearing glasses while studying.

"Welcome home, (Name)." He said with a smile.

"Karma." I smiled, walking over to him in which he responded by opening his arms to welcome me with a hug. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too. Are you tired?" He asked.

I looked at the clock which says 12:30 AM. He's still studying this late?

"Are you?" I asked with concern.

"I guess so." He replied, but his eyes says otherwise.

"You can study tomorrow. You're already tired." I removed myself from his grasp and pulled him to the bed. Surprisingly, he gave in easily.

We laid on the bed, with him closing his eyes while I fixed the bed and closed the lights. "You can just wake up early to study. But right now, you have to get some rest."

"Okay, sir," He chuckled, grabbing my wrist and pulled me to his chest as he hugged me.

I hugged him back and closed my eyes, about to go to sleep.

"You know, I'm very thankful for you..." He says out of nowhere with a husky voice, which made my brows furrow as I opened my eyes and looked up to him confusedly. The lights were already closed and it was dim, but the moon and stars shined brightly. I could faintly tell that he was looking at me in a gentle manner.

"What do you mean? For what, exactly?" I asked.

"You."

I was so confused as to what he meant. I tried to recall what I did for him the past week, but I was sure that we haven't really had the time to spend time together. "From what I remember, I didn't even do anything for you the past week, though. We didn't even have time to go on dates together."

"There is, though." He chuckled, brushing my hair that fell on my face. At this point, I was very confused.

"What is it? I'm so confused."

"You're here for me always, and that's enough. Your mere existence is why I'm so thankful." He whispered lovingly but enough for me to hear, pulling me closer to him as he kissed my forehead.

"Thank you, love."