16 ┊ happiness and freedom

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
HAPPINESS AND FREEDOM。

With a visible blush on my face, I went out the cave with Karma. Shockingly, everyone was already outside looking at us with curious gazes.

I immediately felt someone's arm around my shoulders and I already knew who it is without even looking. I could even feel her smirk already.

"What's with the sexual tension between you two?" She asked shamelessly, loud enough for Karma to hear making Karma turn to look at us. My eyes widened.

"S-Shut up!" I said and grabbed Rio's wrist to go far away from Karma before he could even answer. At the same time, Korosensei came out of the cave looking down. Perfect timing as he ranted to us how no one was shocked.

"Well, it's not really that scary..." Maehara real-talked Korosensei. That made Korosensei cry.

I did my skincare routine despite the fact that it was already 1 A.M, and we'll be leaving tomorrow at early in the morning before sleeping. Once I was done, I went to bed and tried to sleep.

"I told them I liked you romantically."

My eyes opened wide, remembering what he told me before.

I screamed into the pillow, as I couldn't take it and just so... Happy.

He likes me. He still likes me.

God! I am so damn happy right now.

I sat up on my bed, trying to calm myself as I slapped my face a few times before laying down on my bed again and tried going back to sleep.

My eyes are still wide open. And I don't feel tired either even though Korosensei called us out at night.

Sighing, I stood up and wore an oversized hoodie on top of my pajamas. I made sure to lock my door on the way out.

I took the stairs and once I opened the door to the rooftop, my eyes widened as me and Karma made eye contact. He was wearing a beige hoodie and shorts. His expression was unreadable.

Not knowing what to do as my heartbeat was palpitating, I bit my lip and slowly closed the door again but before I could fully close the door, his hand held the door and opened it wide. I looked up at him with wide eyes with lips parted when he suddenly hugged me tight. His face was on the crook of my neck as I felt him inhale my scent. My hands traveled to his chest automatically.

"W-What's wrong?" I stuttered. As much as I didn't want to say it, I liked being close to him.

He hugged me even tighter and whispered lowly on my neck, making me have shivers. "I really miss you so bad..."

I bit my lip, feeling soft as I surrendered and putted my arms around his neck and ran my fingers through his hair. I smiled gently and whispered. "I miss you, too."

After that was silence. A comfortable one where we were only interacting with our feelings through physical touches.

"You know, after you left me back then, I didn't know what to do after I lost you. I know you wanted the best for me, but did you know that what's best for me is when I'm with you?" He asked softly, looking at me straight in the eyes with an unreadable expression, his arms still on my waist.

I looked away, resting my head on his chest.

"If I didn't leave you, then we would've most likely ended up in our worst today." I breathed out. I looked at him and continued. "Besides, you're here with me, aren't you?"