(12) spontaneous trip

Joslyn's pov

"I'm bored!!" Gavin whined for the umpteenth time. It had been a month of since the start of the holidays and he still had two more months.

You might think that he would be having the time of his life with the school holidays but you are wrong, super wrong.

He had been complaining about the fact that they are so bored and have nothing to do. To be honest, even I didn't know what to do for the most part.

I had little to no work due to I don't even know why. There hasn't been much work on weddings. I have no clue but oh well.

Jerome was constantly over at my house so it made things much better. We were still going strong, occasionally having media bombarding us.

It was pretty tiring hearing Gavin whine about how bored he is. You know, since the holidays started, I have been working from home since not everyone is free to make sure he stays out of trouble and I have been hearing him whine.

As much as I wanted to go on vacation, it is not as easy as it seems. Both Alden and Bethany had still school so I needed to make sure they were both not behind their studies and having to make arrangements for them.

However, I decided to go plan a vacation as a surprise for them. It definitely would be tiring and difficult, but it would be worth it seeing the smiles on their face.

Behind their backs, I plotted everything. I debated on asking Jerome to join but decided not to. But I did told him about the surprise and he was supportive of my decision.

It was a long overdue trip for us as a family. It had been a long time since we had a trip together, let alone a vacation.

I just hope everything would work out.

•••

Third person's pov

"Who's sock is this?"  Joslyn heard Alden yell from his room. She comes to see a sock being thrown out of his room. A superman sock was chilling there on the floor and she immediately could recognize who's it was. Gavin's.

"GAVIN REN JAMES!! GRAB YOUR SOCKS!" She yelled at the stop of her lungs, catching his attention.

"Now who's ketchup packet is this? From McDonalds?" Bethany shouted from her room. Why do we have so many weird things? Joslyn thought to herself, sighing as she continued to pack a few more items.

Slowly, everything began falling in place as everyone zipped past their things and packed everything into their luggage.

In a week, they would be flying to Japan, specifically Tokyo for a week. It would be their first time going there and couldn't contain their excitement.

Joslyn had only been there once for work but it was very rush and she didn't have time to actually admire everything there.

Everyone was very excited to finally leave the country. They rarely live the country for vacation and this would be a memorable experience for them.

All they had to do was wait. Wait. Wait for the day to come.

•••

"STOP EATING GAVIN! ALDEN HELP ME TAKE THE LUGGAGE! BETHANY STOP GAVIN FROM EATING! WESTON CHECK IF WE LEFT EVERYTHING!" She screamed at everyone while they all diligently followed the orders.

It was the day of the flight. They all had been really excited since they were surprised with the trip.

Flashback

Joslyn decided to surprise them during dinner. She knew that they would freak out in a good way- excitement.

Let's just say they were way more excited than she thought. When she told everyone about the spontaneous surprise trip, they all showed their excitement and happiness in their own ways.