(6) parEnt teaCher meeting

Friday

Joslyn's pov

Today was parent teachers meeting and to say they were excited would be an understatement. The whole day since morning they were bouncing up and down like monkeys and literally did everything I always had to remind that to do so.

I chuckled at their quick antics as I got them into the car. Alden would be sending Bethany to school and I would just be heading over to the boys school and doing some work through my laptop at a nearby cafe till it was time.

I wore a halter neck kind of top, some jeans, a cardigan/suit jacket to finish the look and paired it with white sneakers.

 It was simple and yet appropriate for office wear which was great

"Ready?" They nodded. "Let's go!" I zoomed off to their school. They would first have a few lessons and at 12 would be the parent teacher meeting. It was currently 7 and they had to at school by 8 so we were on time thankfully.

During the car ride, we jammed out to latest songs from the radio but I have no idea what half these songs are. Just didn't want to spoil the mood.

"Love you all see you soon!" I yelled to them as they skipped off, waving to me.

I arrived at a cafe which was not too crowded and found a seat near the window. Ordering a chocolate chip latte and a small slice of cake, I started answering some emails and ideating for some weddings.

Time passed by like an arrow as the alarm I set for 11.30 had already rung, signaling it was time to make my way to their school.

"Hi. Parent teacher meeting" I told to the guard who smiled at me and let me in. Parked my car and entered the prestigious school.

"Parent of Gavin and Weston" To which the snobbish lady said, "Come on lady nice try. But this is a high end school. With your outfit, you can't even afford the books here"

As I was about to retort back, the principal, Mrs Davis saw me and immediately hugged me. The thing is I make donations to the school to help facilitate activities, equipment and what not so I guess I was known for my donations.

Apparently not for this lady. "Ms James, welcome! I will bring you to your seat"

The lady was flustered with her actions and couldn't believe her eyes. All the color drained from her face. "A piece of advice, don't judge people by their clothing" Leaving her a lesson for her to reflect.

I was led to the hall where chairs were placed row by row, pleasing my perfectionist heart of how straight it was.

I took a seat at the front row which had a clear view of the stage. I got to learn the itinerary while talking with Mrs Davis. First would be the speeches by the principal, followed by the meeting with teachers.

"Welcome to Reign Valley High School!" Mrs Davis said, startling me. Then came the boring speeches and explaining of the academic stuff and how they would be starting school in September as a new term after the one week break.

Halfway through the talk, I saw two cheeky monkeys bouncing up and down, waving to me. I waved back to them as the speeches wrapped
up.

"Which one do I go first?" I asked, hoping they wouldn't fight.

"Gavin's" Weston said and so we went. People were staring at us, particularly me. Not trying to be conceited but I guess is my identity is well known?

"Hello!" The cheery teacher exclaimed in a white smile. She reminded me of Ms Honey from Matilda.

"So Gavin's doing alright. Good grades and behavior is good. No detention, no warning. All in all he's great student" The teacher who I soon learned called Ms Hyes explained.

"Alright thank you!" I said as we exchanged goodbyes before moving on to Weston's.

"Hello! Do take a seat. Here for Weston right?" The teacher asked. My sarcastic persona was coming out and I wanted to reply him with: No I'm here to mown the lawn that you have. But I shouldn't.

Instead I just nodded and all I heard was positive remarks which was great. "Thank you so much" Again we exchanged goodbyes and left.

"Ice cream?" I asked in spite of knowing the answer. I knew they could not resist food. I mean I wouldn't be able to either so yea.

As expected, they agreed by screaming so I decided to go back to the cafe as I saw that there was ice cream.

I decided to get cookies and cream, a classic while Gavin gets a mint chocolate chip and Weston gets vanilla.

"I don't understand why did you get vanilla. It's so basic" Gavin said nonchalantly.

"Well at least I have a brain. Choosing simple and smart choices" Weston retorted back, not having his younger brother's nonsense.

"But your brain has no brain cells. It's just a big brain with nothing in it" Countered Gavin.

"Well I have a bigger di-" I immediately placed my hand over Weston's mouth. Thank god I managed to do so while driving.

"Keep it Pg here kay" Chiding Weston, he wanted to protest but I gave him the look which shut him up. Imagine if he was saying about his Dickies collection, my sub conscious thought as I laughed mentally laughed in my head.

"Go wash up than you can go play games or whatever" I shouted to the two boys who were running like their life depended on it.

I also went to wash up and changed into something comfy- a black tube top with grey sweat and did some work.

Soon, dinner time rolled around and we ate as a family. Today's menu was chicken chop with mac and cheese as a side. My stomach rumbled at the smell of the black pepper sauce smothered all over the chicken.

As we ate, we chatted about our day and how was it. Thank god Weston and Gavin had kept their mouths shut about the incident in the afternoon. It would have been embarrassing for me if they told them and they were just comparing their Dickies collection.

After dinner, I went back to my room and washed up. We decided to watch a movie and did rock paper scissors/ scissors paper stone and Bethany won so she put a classic, Stranger Things. It was around eleven when the movie ended so I sent all of them back to their rooms to have a good rest.

As I lied on the bed, my phone rang and an unknown number flashed. Thinking it was my client, I picked it up. But I was wrong. So wrong.

"I'll give you some time, ready or not here I come!" The sadistic voice said, making me drop my phone in fear and shock.

Their back.
~~~
hey angels!! cliff hanger at its finest. but thank you 91 reads!! we are almost to a hundred!!! ❤️ thank you all so much :))
lots of love 💓 and don't forget to smile 🤩

fun fact 6: the word "y'all" dates back to 1631 😶

question of the day: broken a bone?
- my answer: nope 🤧

-1160 words-